• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway at KDEN.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jerkoffs or not, if there wasn't an apparent correlation between SWA and the 45kt taxi, I really don't think anyone would be saying anything here. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Now, that's funny...

Don't kid yourself, Driver--cultural reputatons has absolutely nothing to do with this. If American Airlines, who has a reputation for taxiing absurdly slow, did the same thing, you'd have the same numbnuts making the same inane comments. If you really don't think "anyone would be saything here," then you obviously don't know the first thing about Flight Info (or human nature).

Do you really think the Captain was taxiing at 45 kts (Southwest's maximum is 20 kts, or up to 30 kts on long parallels) after landing in Denver with freezing fog, snow, and visibility issues? Really?

Southwest is always gonna' have its haters, just like Delta has its haters, USAir, United, etc., all have theirs as well. I mean, for cryin' out loud--the guy who started this tread titled it "Southwest off the runway at KDEN," even though he went on to list text from a story mentioning that it was actually only a taxiway. You'd think a guy whose FI name was "BE-400xpDriver" would know the difference, especially since he's claiming to be a pilot himself. Yet he deliberately mistates the facts in his thread title just to make it look more serious for Southwest. Why do you suppose THAT is? And of course, YOU make not one, but two comments relating to Southwest taxi speeds, which had absolutely nothing to do with this incident.

Don't worry--I'm sure that someone hates whatever airline YOU work for as well.

Bubba

Last edited:
I mean, for cryin' out loud--the guy who started this tread titled it "Southwest off the runway at KDEN," even though he went on to list text from a story mentioning that it was actually only a taxiway. You'd think a guy whose FI name was "BE-400xpDriver" would know the difference, especially since he's claiming to be a pilot himself. Yet he deliberately mistates the facts in his thread title just to make it look more serious for Southwest. Why do you suppose THAT is?

Bubba

Because I made a mistake when titling the thread. It was not intentional. The first report I heard on the radio was of an airplane off the runway at DEN. I did read the article but for some reason did not catch the title mistake when I posted. I tried to edit it but am unable to. I have asked the moderators to correct it.

Be400,

Keep track ofittle white jets that fling off hard surfaces vs. airliners this winter and report back to us

Be400,

Keep track of little white jets that fling off hard surfaces This winter vs. airliners this winter and report back to us in April.

Now, that's funny...

Don't kid yourself, Driver--cultural reputatons has absolutely nothing to do with this. If American Airlines, who has a reputation for taxiing absurdly slow, did the same thing, you'd have the same numbnuts making the same inane comments. If you really don't think "anyone would be saything here," then you obviously don't know the first thing about Flight Info (or human nature).

Do you really think the Captain was taxiing at 45 kts (Southwest's maximum is 20 kts, or up to 30 kts on long parallels) after landing in Denver with freezing fog, snow, and visibility issues? Really?

Southwest is always gonna' have its haters, just like Delta has its haters, USAir, United, etc., all have theirs as well. I mean, for cryin' out loud--the guy who started this tread titled it "Southwest off the runway at KDEN," even though he went on to list text from a story mentioning that it was actually only a taxiway. You'd think a guy whose FI name was "BE-400xpDriver" would know the difference, especially since he's claiming to be a pilot himself. Yet he deliberately mistates the facts in his thread title just to make it look more serious for Southwest. Why do you suppose THAT is? And of course, YOU make not one, but two comments relating to Southwest taxi speeds, which had absolutely nothing to do with this incident.

Don't worry--I'm sure that someone hates whatever airline YOU work for as well.

Bubba

Well, no one hates us at Airtran....err, well, almost no one. I just don't understand how the guys at WN get a reputation for the fast taxi, makes no sense to me either. No slam to the poor SOB who went off in KDEN, with the conditions i heard reported it could have been any one of us. Glad everyone was OK.

I can remember landing in Gander one dark snowy night in the Diesel eight, applying the brakes and I swear that fukkr started goin faster....no bigger sinking feeling than having no brakes

Kinda got a Chris Walken stream of conciousness thing going on there.

I went back and read all of Megalops' previous posts in this thread in Christopher Walken's voice to myself and nearly split a gut.

WOW!! You Southwest kids are a little sensitive. I make a mistake when titling the thread and now I hate Southwest and need to stick to counting little white planes. You all need to see a therapist and work out your insecurities.

Go fly your little jet and hope that you never slide off the runway or taxiway.

Latest resources

Back