Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

328dude

Still turning two
Just a heads up to everyone waiting for a second chance or intial interview. Things are to start up again in March. The old interview style and gouge will no longer be accurate as a whole new process is under development this fall and winter after some shady things took place with a certain Florida based interview prep company and confidential information that should have not have been shared. Said company purchased this information for a large amount.

All those attending recurrent/PC/PT is the next few months will get the whole story.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Any ideas if making it to the DB the first time around helps you with the second time around. Had a friend at SWA called for as a reference (he said it sounded good) plus others outside the company, but alas didn't make the cut! Hoping and praying for second chance. One year up in April.

Just a heads up to everyone waiting for a second chance or intial interview. Things are to start up again in March. The old interview style and gouge will no longer be accurate as a whole new process is under development this fall and winter after some shady things took place with a certain Florida based interview prep company and confidential information that should have not have been shared. Said company purchased this information for a large amount.

All those attending recurrent/PC/PT is the next few months will get the whole story.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Whatever. A large amount of money? What's the point of spending a lot of money to get all this confidential info. I wouldn't spend a dime on it cause it aint worth a dime. It's not rocket science or gov secrets interviewing . At least I don't think it is? Please enlighten us.

Maybe they will get rid of the stupid LOI

Whatever. A large amount of money? What's the point of spending a lot of money to get all this confidential info. I wouldn't spend a dime on it cause it aint worth a dime. It's not rocket science or gov secrets interviewing . At least I don't think it is? Please enlighten us.

If this so called company knows how the point system works, then those would have an advantage over others interviewing on their own merits. The system is designed as a point system. So many points equals this outcome. The system was confidential on how every aspect of the interview was scored. Knowing this or having access to this, would certainly have an impact on the outcome versus others. Don't you think? Getting a prep is fine and the interviewee's had no knowledge of this. However, it put everyone that interviewed on the same day at a direct disadvantage.

It's a matter of unethical practices and profits I suppose.

Last edited:
I don't like posting on this board for a number of reasons, but in this instance I'll break with my habit. I know the company of which you speak, and have known the "owner" for many years now. I am not familiar with the allegations of impropriety, as I have not been back to DAL recently to hear of them.

I don't know who is making allegations of impropriety, or how they came about, but I can tell you the "owner" is a top notch individual with solid ethical standards. I believe spreading these allegations without firsthand knowledge of the entire story, as well as commenting negatively on the interview prep service the company provides, is negligent.

Some folks in SWA management view interview prep negatively...they believe it interferes with them being able to judge the "real person" they are interviewing. I understand that point of view, but disagree with it. I think someone who goes the extra mile to do the prep is demonstrating a high level of desire to be hired by SWA, and for many, myself included, the prep (with a different company) helped put me more at ease during the interview and allowed me to better present the "real me". The prep is especially useful for military folks, who have no earthly idea how an airline operates, much less what "Dispatch" is.

That being said, if SWA management has a problem with a particular company, that is an issue between them, the prep company, and anyone on the "inside" who may have allegedly aided the prep company. Let them hash it out.

If you want to tell people the interview format is changing, fine, but don't spread rumors which may impugn someone's good name or bias future interviewees away from a service they may (or may not) deem valuable.

I don't like posting on this board for a number of reasons, but in this instance I'll break with my habit. I know the company of which you speak, and have known the "owner" for many years now. I am not familiar with the allegations of impropriety, as I have not been back to DAL recently to hear of them.

I don't know who is making allegations of impropriety, or how they came about, but I can tell you the "owner" is a top notch individual with solid ethical standards. I believe spreading these allegations without firsthand knowledge of the entire story, as well as commenting negatively on the interview prep service the company provides, is negligent.

Some folks in SWA management view interview prep negatively...they believe it interferes with them being able to judge the "real person" they are interviewing. I understand that point of view, but disagree with it. I think someone who goes the extra mile to do the prep is demonstrating a high level of desire to be hired by SWA, and for many, myself included, the prep (with a different company) helped put me more at ease during the interview and allowed me to better present the "real me". The prep is especially useful for military folks, who have no earthly idea how an airline operates, much less what "Dispatch" is.

That being said, if SWA management has a problem with a particular company, that is an issue between them, the prep company, and anyone on the "inside" who may have allegedly aided the prep company. Let them hash it out.

If you want to tell people the interview format is changing, fine, but don't spread rumors which may impugn someone's good name or bias future interviewees away from a service they may (or may not) deem valuable.

Very well put.

Interview prep is valuable and helps the good folks remember all the good stuff they did in there career and be able to relate it to the interviewer. If a point system is in place which determines whether you get the job then process is well...... CANNED. I thought they didn't like canned. That is my opinion of it.

Latest resources

Back