• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Ends Supermajority Voting Req't

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you mean they lowered fares to allow more people to travel and spend time with friends and familly. you bought the stock (!diot) don't hate them because of you stupid mistake. If you wan't to b y stock go watch kramer.
They raised fares and the stock lost. They grew the company by almost 100% and the stock lost. They improved employee productivity and still the stock lost. You know why? Even as good as SW is, it still can't earn enough money to provide enough return on their stock. As far as the investors go, it is now our right to remove the SW management if it misses targets again. We will see.......

They raised fares and the stock lost. They grew the company by almost 100% and the stock lost. They improved employee productivity and still the stock lost. You know why? Even as good as SW is, it still can't earn enough money to provide enough return on their stock. As far as the investors go, it is now our right to remove the SW management if it misses targets again. We will see.......

That's it! Get rid of that tyranical SWA Mgt, but keep that Steenland in place. It's your right as resident Flight Info SWA Basher nut job #1.

So do yourself a favor and sell!!!! I guess while we are at it we should oust Jeffrey Immelt from GE. Oh wait I forgot Jack Welch should have been let go too because he wouldn't give guidence or hold earnings calls. Oust Kelly and Baret they have kept SW one of the most admired companies to work for....oust them i say.

We just announced 7.9% profit sharing for 2006.

Trust me when i say thats a BIG number in todays job market.

If SWA does anything to shock the industry in 2007 it will be on our terms and in our best interests.
GK has gone on record several times saying that we are going to be in a postion that will enable us to take advantage of ANY loose assets laying around after the dust settles.
So..Standby..Very strong message to follow.

Good luck with that man.

I don't know one thing about SWA's scope clause but if I were king for a day and didn't have to worry about that SWA pesky pilot contract:

Buy ATA airlines and operate it as a separate subsidiary and expand in International markets. ATA operates different aircraft and different rules for international ops. SWA's business model could continue on with it's winning formula while reaping the benefits from the extra feed ATA brings to the table.

There is no reason to do this right away because SWA is getting all of this through the code share agreement. I know you will all throw your B.S. cards at me but I'm just voicing an idea that is possible maybe not probable.

In either case SWAPA and ATA ALPA should be in talks making sure that our respective Companies don't use one group against another, been there done that. SWA pilots may say, "who cares about that tiny little ATA pilot list, we could just swat them like flies".

That could be exactly the response SWA management would like to hear.

Buy ATA airlines and operate it as a separate subsidiary

Lamar Muse wanted to do this early on. His eyes where on Midway airport way back in the 70's. Something like "Midway Southwest Airlines". Then Roland and him got into a pissing match and Roland won.

1 seniority list = 1 airline......

I don't know one thing about SWA's scope clause but if I were king for a day and didn't have to worry about that SWA pesky pilot contract:

Buy ATA airlines and operate it as a separate subsidiary and expand in International markets. ATA operates different aircraft and different rules for international ops. SWA's business model could continue on with it's winning formula while reaping the benefits from the extra feed ATA brings to the table.

There is no reason to do this right away because SWA is getting all of this through the code share agreement. I know you will all throw your B.S. cards at me but I'm just voicing an idea that is possible maybe not probable.

In either case SWAPA and ATA ALPA should be in talks making sure that our respective Companies don't use one group against another, been there done that. SWA pilots may say, "who cares about that tiny little ATA pilot list, we could just swat them like flies".

That could be exactly the response SWA management would like to hear.

I really thought all of this would have happened by now. This whole thing has been going on for almost 3 years slow, and steady. I wonder if things would have moved faster if both pilot groups were more pro-active back in the beginning.

Nothing will happen until that contract issue is dealt with. You guys are up more than 100 airplanes and down a few thousand employees from the last contract. The pilot group should be seeing huge raises soon, at least 20% to match the productivity increase. Management is your friend and they will give that to you of course.;)

I really thought all of this would have happened by now. This whole thing has been going on for almost 3 years slow, and steady. I wonder if things would have moved faster if both pilot groups were more pro-active back in the beginning.

It's time for SWA to start buying and selling to grow. Buy up the competition then sell off the pieces and keep the gates and routes. Wanna work for SWA then you have to interview. Top dogs know they can't have rabble backdooring their way in and planting hate seeds that grow like weeds to kill 35 years of culture.

The only answer is to start taking apart the industry one airline at a time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back