Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest dropping some cargo carriers from J/S?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hotstarter

I heard that Southwest has dropped several cargo carriers, including mine, from their jumpseat agreement list. Can anyone confirm that?

I'm at Evergreen, and I've heard they dropped several others such as Kalitta and Atlas. Not that I can really blame them, as we can't really reciprocate much, but it was that long ago we flew a lot of mail contracts and we carried a lot of Southwest folks.

If anyone knows who I could talk to over there about restoring the jumpseat agreement, send me a message, please. I'm the Jumpseat committee chair at Evergreen and would like to talk to their people about what we can do, if anything, to restore the agreement.

Thanks.

I will try and find out for you. I will be the first to throw the BS flag if its true. I flew Cargo for several years while commuting on SWA and it was a lifesaver.

Thanks. I had John's e-mail address but I didn't get a response from him. After a week or so, I'd given up. I'll try him again. Thanks for the help.

News to me. I'm a cargo carrier and talked to John last month and he said nothing of it. I have Rumors with a capital R of 135 carriers getting booted from CASS eventually.

Last edited:
Atlas and Kalitta are still on the list. Evergreen is not. Don't know why.

I don't know exactly why either, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with reciprocity ability. We carry all kinds of other companies' guys who aren't in a position to help our pilots get to work. Last week I took a guy to Vegas who worked for an outfilt that did helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon out of LAS. That's not really much of a commuter city pair, if you know what I mean (LAS nonstop to LAS, via a big hole in the ground).

If those guys are on our JS list and you're not, it must be for some technical or legal reason. If Boobas ever gets back to you, I'm sure he can find out what it is, and hopefully someone can get it fixed.

Bubba

I don't know exactly why either, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with reciprocity ability. We carry all kinds of other companies' guys who aren't in a position to help our pilots get to work. Last week I took a guy to Vegas who worked for an outfilt that did helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon out of LAS. That's not really much of a commuter city pair, if you know what I mean (LAS nonstop to LAS, via a big hole in the ground).

If those guys are on our JS list and you're not, it must be for some technical or legal reason. If Boobas ever gets back to you, I'm sure he can find out what it is, and hopefully someone can get it fixed.

Bubba

You can do Grand Canyon heli tours cheaply!! It's actually a great deal!!

Thanks for the research, guys. John hasn't gotten back to me yet via e-mail. I can't imagine that we've been bumped from the list for some type of legal reason. We have agreements in place with literally all other CASS 121 airlines. We do a lot of lift for the government and the Air Force specifically, and we've got a fair number of guys who commute on SWA. It'd be nice to get that agreement back in place.

Latest resources

Back