• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest changing it's "stance" in ATL. HMMMMMM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, that won't happen. The SWAPA contract requires you to be a SWA captain for a few years before you can be a CP. And thanks to Max's seniority integration, he won't be a captain for a long, long time.

That's because he helped to craft it. He was on our MC, General.

Ahhhh, that explains a lot. Anyway, whenever DL starts hiring off the street, if you want something different, I hope you apply. With the amount of eventual retirements coming, you might beat Max to the left seat while at DL. ;) Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Originally Posted by General Lee
Really? DL has 7 flights a day, 2 of which are 757s, and they could upguage to more 757s if needed. You guys currently have 18 738s to try to upguage if needed, system wide. DL flights will be packed, but if locals in ATL need more seats, plenty of bigger planes are ready. Face it, your other strategy wasn't working, so as the article states, you are making big changes. DL just adds more flights and bigger planes if needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not that it matters as the majority of the argument is false anyway, but SWA currently has 42 -800s in service. Just a few more than 18.

And "maybe" one day you might get a girlfriend, and stop hanging around the YMCA men's room showers on your time off.
Either way, this bantering back and forth gets old!
One thing that "did" happen. You did "buy your job though!":smash:

:smash:

Scooter,
Stop defending the indefensible - I said I'd be digging into you if you guys at dalpa reloaded the whipsaw regional market-
Just keeping a promise-

Apparently, you don't have the ability to ignore me, so I must be hitting a nerve.

That's good.

Better than listening to GL armchair CEO his way through his qualified opinions

Couldn't resist

Delta ATL-MCI today First class $465

Southwest ATL-MCI Business Select $348

20 times more?

I say "maybe" or "might" because I am not a CEO. Speaking of "selling out", Scoot is right about paying for your training. Management really appreciated that, even though they could have easily afforded it. Heck, the AT 717 guys are gonna get free types on the 737, right? Amazing. And this last contract brought the domestic percentage for mainline flying UP, especially after taking your 88 717s and dumping 140 total RJs. That's improvement.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Keep f^cking that chicken GenLee
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ANRMvcQmhF0ypk-dJN226fw&bvm=bv.45645796,d.cGE

Couldn't resist

Delta ATL-MCI today First class $465

Southwest ATL-MCI Business Select $348

20 times more?

Is that the walk up fare? Btw, RED was wrong about 90-100 open seats on all flights tomorrow from ATL to MCI. Most have about 25-30 seats open, and the last 757 has a minus number in the back. Those bag fees probably help too. Gotta make money to make big profits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's Max, the AT guy trying to be the first AT Chief Pilot at SWA. You are one of the only "giddy" AT pilots, on this board anyway. It looks like you have gotten over the SLI, and that is impressive. Let's hope the rest do within the next decade.
I am not happy with the SLI. My unhappiness is with our former MEC and how they withheld information from our pilot group. That is why 120 AirTran pilots have filed a DFR lawsuit against our former MEC/ALPA.

At the end of the day regardless of which SIA package was voted in by both sides, the only thing that will help both Southwest and AirTran pilots is hitting Gary's 15% ROIC target and resuming fleet/blockhour growth at Southwest.

I understand you would like Southwest to be a weaker competitior for Delta so you continually come on here and try to stir the pot.

And if profits continue to be twice or three times yours each year, the pension obligations may be taken care of. You know that.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Delta's annual revenue is over twice Southwest's so I would hope your net profit is twice Southwest's. Also, Southwest has $3 billion in long term debt and zero obligation to their retired employees while Delta has $10 billion in long term debt and a $24 billion obligations to their retired employees (with $8 billion in the bank to pay for those obligations).

Unfortunately for Delta, that underfunding is growing at the rate of $2 billion per year. I am a pilot and not an accountant, but that doesn't seem like a good trend. It will be interesting to see how the balance sheet looks in 5 years at Delta.

Walk up fare for today

LGA-ORD 12:15pm DL5943
First class three free checked bags

$403..........and it's an rj

What business traveler walks up and buys a ticket? Hello? Isn't there an app for that?

Ahhhh, that explains a lot. Anyway, whenever DL starts hiring off the street, if you want something different, I hope you apply. With the amount of eventual retirements coming, you might beat Max to the left seat while at DL. ;) Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Did you guys drop the College Degree requirement? If not, he won't beat Max to anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCL_128
Nah, that won't happen. The SWAPA contract requires you to be a SWA captain for a few years before you can be a CP. And thanks to Max's seniority integration, he won't be a captain for a long, long time.

That's because he helped to craft it. He was on our MC, General.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude,

Do you ever work for DAL?

I am willing to bet a C note your not a pilot for DAL

Latest resources

Back