• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest changing it's "stance" in ATL. HMMMMMM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL I actually think you have a psychological disorder.

Why are 90% of the pissing matches on this forum started or continued by you?

Hey, I just posted an article that was interesting, and put my opinion on it. Redflyer is the one who stirred the pot.

So, if people get upset at me for bringing up articles and giving opinions, and can't debate their way out of a paper bag, then SOBEIT. Just read the article and give an opinion, but Red is the one who gets defensive.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Maybe the question should simply be; what is the right size for SWA to be in ATL? AT grew it's presence in ATL when DL was weak after 9/11. I'm talking about the real growth. After DL's bankruptcy it became increasingly harder for AT to maintain the # of flts it had out of ATL, plus higher fuel and all of that. So AT shifted flights to MKE, BWI and MCO. SWA is going to run fewer flights, with less headcount and prob reduce fares in the process. I suppose this is news because there are folks who might have thought that SWA was going to grow ATL and lower fares. Which they could if they didn't mind losing money.

I don't know, but GK has shrunk his operation at other cities (SEA and PHL for example), when the competition heats up. He is trying to find that LCC model again, and in the meantime he is trying to stave off bag fees, while also trying to fit 737-800s into 25 min turns, even though they carry a lot more than the 737-700. It's been a rough year, and the "rough" merger SLI hasn't helped with the "LUV" Spirit.

If SWA wants to retool the ATL operation and have 3 flights at day to MCI at 0800, 1200, and 1700, that's great. DL has 7 mainline flights, 5 MD90s and 2 757s btw....

Bye Bye---General Lee

In 1990 PHL enplaned about 7.4M domestic passengers. In 2009, 19 years later, that number had dropped to 6.9M.

I'm not seeing SWA adjusting their model as being bad. Lets analyze: in that 19 year time frame, every legacy at that airport went bankrupt, except one.

No big deal. Even I knew that SWA was going to change the face of ATL operations from what AT developed. It must be a slow news day.

Phred

I don't know, but GK has shrunk his operation at other cities (SEA and PHL for example), when the competition heats up. He is trying to find that LCC model again, and in the meantime he is trying to stave off bag fees, while also trying to fit 737-800s into 25 min turns, even though they carry a lot more than the 737-700. It's been a rough year, and the "rough" merger SLI hasn't helped with the "LUV" Spirit.

If SWA wants to retool the ATL operation and have 3 flights at day to MCI at 0800, 1200, and 1700, that's great. DL has 7 mainline flights, 5 MD90s and 2 757s btw....

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Your entire statement here is completely off base. Which just shows me your looking to fling poo (as true in the past)

Rough year? I think you'll see another healthy profit for 2013 and we started off with a VERY strong quarter, even with weakness in Jan and Mar.

We never have tried to turn the 800 in 25 minutes. Any changes that Gary makes is to make a PROFIT. He will not run this operation at a loss. Got it? Your thinking like a 'legacy' still. Run 7 mainline flights to MCI if you want. Do all 7 make a profit? IF the do, then great. If not, then why are you running all 7?

Flyer,

You have something else to refute me FACTS? or just some other emotional zinger?

Last edited:
Airtran was de-emphasizing ATL before SWA came along, things are just continuing on the same lines under new management. Nothing new going on here.

Don't you guys ever get tired of the "my airline is better than your airline line?" We're all pawns to the guys in the suits. Well paid and important pawns, but pawns none the less. We don't pick what cities we fly to, what equipment our airline flys, what procedures they use, what time the schedule is, etc.

If you need to compete, there are plenty of adult sports leagues around.

Don't you guys ever get tired of the "my airline is better than your airline line?" We're all pawns to the guys in the suits. Well paid and important pawns, but pawns none the less. We don't pick what cities we fly to, what equipment our airline flys, what procedures they use, what time the schedule is, etc.

If you need to compete, there are plenty of adult sports leagues around.

Amen brother

Latest resources

Back