Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here we go, The 737 type is a requirement for several reasons. The first reason was to help a low cash if no cash start up company that was struggling to compete against AA out of dallas. From a business insurance stand point, the type allows the company to keep insurance cost down. Plus the initial training is informational , but if you don't have that type you will be lost, being lost and not knowing cost the company money. The type does help the company keep cost down. I am very proud of the type I bought. I paid it off after being at SWA for a year and a half, what a great investment for me and SWA.

Ok here we go, The 737 type is a requirement for several reasons. The first reason was to help a low cash if no cash start up company that was struggling to compete against AA out of dallas. From a business insurance stand point, the type allows the company to keep insurance cost down. Plus the initial training is informational , but if you don't have that type you will be lost, being lost and not knowing cost the company money. The type does help the company keep cost down. I am very proud of the type I bought. I paid it off after being at SWA for a year and a half, what a great investment for me and SWA.

This post has Navy or Air Force Pilot written all over it

This discussion about having to buy your type is interesting when you compare what you get for your money, provided you're lucky enough to get it after you successfully interview. Unfortunately there are a lot who bought it before they interrviewed and were not hired. Wether or not to buy a type is a personal decision you have to make before proceeding with the application process.

Reasoning that guys would be lost without getting the type before hand and costs SWA money is kind of a stretch for folks with 737 experience ( or similar airline experience). Guys coming out the Military would benefit but I don't think they would be lost. No offense guys, I wouldn't know the first thing about dropping bombs from an F-16 or landing on a carrier, but you can't make it a requirement for some and not for others

Ok Johnson, one quick quiz for you to prove you understand what the definition of PFT is, then I'm gonna leave it alone, or give up. Probably should have a long time ago.

I once saw a Gulfstream F/O whose badge said "jumpseat not authorized" on it. Can you explain why that would be?

Reasoning that guys would be lost without getting the type before hand and costs SWA money is kind of a stretch for folks with 737 experience ( or similar airline experience).

Not really a stretch. When I went through, they only spent two days on systems. Two. You were on your own for the rest. So yeah, the type helped in that regard.

I think the General would jump on that if he would ever get an interview............

Based on what I have read from him on this site, he wouldn't even get offered a job here. The main body of the interview is basically a personalty test, (ie: could I fly with this guy for 4 days without wanting to kill him) and there is no way he could pass that test. I get on here maybe once a month, and this idiots claim to fame is to have over 14,000 posts on a message board? Get a life man, you're pathetic.

(now wait for the all to predictable retort from the retard.........in 3..2..1...)

Give it a rest jrod, you sound like a complete idiot. You're a lost cause if you can't seem to find the difference between SWA and GIA, seriously. I guess you took the failed interview to heart. Enjoy your Taco Rocket and Taco Bell pay.

I spent over $38,000 before I got my type to apply to SWA.

Don't we all pay for training?

I spent the money on the type like I did for all previous training, I wanted the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back