Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus, Delta pilots just don't get it. Dude, look at your statement.

1. Delta isn't gonna be the largest airline as of Oct. 1. So I'll let you make that statement to Friday if that's what get's you hard. What on earth is Delta gonna do when they can't say, "World's Largest Airline". Fly us...."we're just that cool".

2. Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. Ok....so what? ATL is a transfer point with little originating passengers. Those originating passengers are gonna go to SW unless they're international. But Delta get's a huge amount of money from passengers to airports like LGA, DCA, JFK, and MCO. Now SW is gonna eat your lunch. So if flying into ATL and saying "I fly into the world's busiest airport" puts a smile on your face, ok. Just remember that when you see nothing but orange flying around.

3. SWA earned 112 or so million for a quarter. You're saying because Delta pulled in 463 million that you're better? Remind me how much you lost over the last 5 years compared to SW. Again, can't see the forrest from the trees.

4. Good luck

Ya know, just reading this, it's hard to believe you call Delta arrogant. At least by even YOUR reasoning DAL will be the second or third biggest airline So at least now that SWA is going to be eating if for lunch as you say, it will be a lot of lunches.

Question... What is the likelyhood there will be the same payrate on the 717 as the 737? does anyone know how many seats the 717 can have in an all coach config?

Question... What is the likelyhood there will be the same payrate on the 717 as the 737? does anyone know how many seats the 717 can have in an all coach config?

Don't know how the payrate will work for both types but at AT it's the same. Whatever the all coach capacity of the 717 is, it will still be about 15-20 less than a -700. With the AT biz class config it's 117 to 137 if I remember the 37 correctly.

1st question: Dunno, but I bet the company will try for a lower payrate.
2nd question: 117 (per our CP today, assuming he was quoting all-coach numbers.) Not much less than a 737, esp the -500 at 122

The industry's answer to overcapacity has always been to gobble-up smaller airlines. There will be furloughs! IMHO

@#*@!!!??*%$

Guess I should have taken that class back in March instead of bypassing!!!! Oh well. AT says I gotta re-interview now, got that sinking feeling, not good.

Already said the 717 would be an all coach config with only 117 seats. That's gonna make it a pretty roomy cabin. Surprised they're not going to try and stuff more seats in there

1st question: Dunno, but I bet the company will try for a lower payrate.
2nd question: 117 (per our CP today, assuming he was quoting all-coach numbers.) Not much less than a 737, esp the -500 at 122
117 seats is configured for business class. My guess would be that you could squeeze at least another 3-8 seats. I was just wondering if anyone knew the actual number.

Thank you sir. An excellent link. I think that we're all going to get along just fine.

On another note. PCL128 has been sighted; He emerged from a cupboard where he has been crouched since 7:30 this morning. It has been reported that he spent his time gorging on bread and making small cuts on his inner thigh. :D

I heard he was in Herndon, VA slobbing all the knobs, trying his best to get a National job ASAP.

Latest resources

Back