Southern Air hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zeeman

Can anyone at Southern verify that they are hiring? Learned through airlinepilotcentral.com that Southern is hiring. If so any info on that and tips would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Zeeman

Can anyone at Southern verify that they are hiring? Learned through airlinepilotcentral.com that Southern is hiring. If so any info on that and tips would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Zeeman

I had heard that they are looking for 747 drivers with the new 777s added recently. If you have 747 time you should apply...

You should apply if you want to go to Afghanistan, and the darkside of Africa. Seniority mean nothing, you will go! And if you think you will ever see the B777 5-6 years to wait best case.

Just telling you how it is before you sign a 2 year contract!

You should apply if you want to go to Afghanistan, and the darkside of Africa. Seniority mean nothing, you will go! And if you think you will ever see the B777 5-6 years to wait best case.

Just telling you how it is before you sign a 2 year contract!

But I did Hear they are Hiring 60 fo's soon. any Truth to this?

So just what is it really like.

That was too vague.

Time away?

etc?

Pay?

Training?

Time home? D

Do u start in FE seat or do these 200's have FE seat

You get 10 days off in a 30 day month, 11 in a 31 day month. Your days off will be all in one block, and you will be on the road your 20 days unless things are slow. It usually works out to first half or second half of the month off. Yes, you can be jr or flunk bidding or intentionally choose to be out 40 days.

Pay, first year FO/FE pay 59.42/hr, 60 hour guarantee. $2.50/hour per diem from the time you leave your base (home airport) till the time you get back to your base. I think you are on training pay until you complete your PC or your line check, not sure.

Training is all in MIA, Aeroservices with company instructors. Very systems oriented.

PFE's to the FE seat, so pilot types sit right seat from the start. FE's can upgrade, but I don't know the specifics

So yes, a lot of time on the road, and if you can roll with the punches the and want to see the world (the good, bad and ugly) then it can work for you. If you want to fly a 4 day trip with hub turns and have weekends off, forget it. Its not for everyone.

Sounds like where I started so long ago as PFE at Arrow Air

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back