• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sorry PSA..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every airline is starting to hire now. Aren't you glad you sold your souls to the devil for those 4 slots a month at Airways.

I think the spotlight was squarely focused on the 9E pilots. Now we have three groups of sell-outs, with Bendover and Brownstreak clearly well ahead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Every airline is starting to hire now. Aren't you glad you sold your souls to the devil for those 4 slots a month at Airways.

4 slots ONLY during the months of hiring. What is defined as hiring? It states on the agreement start of class. Who is to say that US Air doesn't run 10 classes of 30 this year, but fit the beginning of all those classes into 5 months. Start one on the 1st and one on the 15th. That would only require 20 PSA pilots out of the 300 hired.

I hate to sound like the ultimate pessimist, but the regional picture, as a whole, is never going to get any better. It started with Mesa and United, and it's going to gain inertia until every single regional at this level suffers the exact same fate. Even if one regional stands up in order to reverse the tide, they're going to get steamrolled. Instead of ranting over which regional pilot group has the least spine in an unstoppable game, you ought to refocus on not being a player. Get your resume's squared away and brush up on the interview skills. If you want to go somewhere else, there is going to be nothing that keeps you from this. Get out, and get out now! And I certainly wouldn't be waiting for dream airline "x" to call, either!

Slight Detail

We already had a commitment to hire 3 PSA pilots per to mainline with the contract consummated 4 months ago. The number was increased to 4 with the latest T/A. Signed, 39%

So I hear Group is about to offer Piedmont the same shi$ sandwich in turn for a fleet replacement. Yessir I'll have another.

Now I hope Airways interviews 100 PSA pilots a month and only hires the required 4. That way within a year or two all of the PSA pilots will be locked at the current pay rate teaching them a valuable lesson. Sleep in the bed you made yourself.

The whole point of this s*** sandwich is to get longevity pilots off property. They can do this one of two ways: Give them a job at mainline; or get rid of their job. With this TA management has opted for door number 1. While they could only hire 4, but it doens't save them any money. The pay freeze doesn't go into effect until you fail your second interview.

The whole point of this s*** sandwich is to get longevity pilots off property. They can do this one of two ways: Give them a job at mainline; or get rid of their job. With this TA management has opted for door number 1. While they could only hire 4, but it doens't save them any money. The pay freeze doesn't go into effect until you fail your second interview.

You're not by any chance trying to say the s*** sandwich isn't all that bad are you?

Because any way you slice it, it's a huge steamy pile of a s*** sandwich!

P.S. Why don't they get try to get management guys with "longevity off the property"? Their pay dwarfs any pilots...

P.S. Why don't they get try to get management guys with "longevity off the property"? Their pay dwarfs any pilots...[/QUOTE]

No argument there. Let me know when you get a chance to vote on that. BTW, have you read the TA? Obviously there are positives to it, its just a total kick in the teeth the way Airways presented it.

Latest resources

Back