• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sorry PSA..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are they feeding their children and wives, bulk dog food?

Lmao this industry is just plain f u c k e d up. I can't stand looking at these clowns walking down the terminals acting like they saved the airline ( pinnacle). PSA show their true colors and so will others. I work with a bunch of p u s s I e a.

No, but it sets the new industry standard. The question here isn't if you have to jump off a cliff, it's how far down you are willing to fall. Every airline goes off a cliff in negotiations (as in, things go bad/down). Endeavor set the new low threshold and other airlines want to fall to that level. In a cutthroat regional industry where every regional is competing with each other for the same type of flying with limited major partners, then they will be right up against each other in terms of labor costs.

Completely untrue! The worst of the bunch(Lakes and Silver), are already having a very hard time getting anyone to fill the right seat. They have been resorting to using captains as first officers and still canceling flights, and even pulling out of markets. Republic and Eagle are being forced into giving $5000.00 bonuses to get their new hires. There was no need to for PSA, or Bendeavor for that matter to take any concessions!

There was no need to for PSA, or Bendeavor for that matter to take any concessions!

Now that they have it might be very difficult for them to recruit. Let's hope that's the case and both of those dumps go Chapter 7 sooner than later (yes-voters and all).

Giving concessions to a profitable company defeats the purpose of having a union in the first place. Why PSA's MEC felt that this TA was going to be a positive move for the pilots of PSA and I might add the pilots of ALPA a good thing is mind-boggling. The time has come to have some fundamental changes in the way ALPA is structured. Scrapping the association system and forming a single trade-type union would allow ALPA to set rates for each type of equipment flown by ALPA pilots and a pathway to an eventual single-seniority list. The paradigm needs to shift, or the "race to the bottom" will continue.

Any bets that when the Sky West pilots face this decision they too will bend over. When the Grim Reaper shows up at your company things change. Of course they will cry that everybody else did we had no choice.

I feel like posting some choice words about the PSA tools, but to be honest am quite speechless. Idiots.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Giving concessions to a profitable company defeats the purpose of having a union in the first place. Why PSA's MEC felt that this TA was going to be a positive move for the pilots of PSA and I might add the pilots of ALPA a good thing is mind-boggling. The time has come to have some fundamental changes in the way ALPA is structured. Scrapping the association system and forming a single trade-type union would allow ALPA to set rates for each type of equipment flown by ALPA pilots and a pathway to an eventual single-seniority list. The paradigm needs to shift, or the "race to the bottom" will continue.

^^^THIS^^^!

Peace.

Rekks

Now I hope Airways interviews 100 PSA pilots a month and only hires the required 4. That way within a year or two all of the PSA pilots will be locked at the current pay rate teaching them a valuable lesson. Sleep in the bed you made yourself.

I hope you're right. But airlines don't want strong-willed employees that look out for each other, but rather the whole. They want proven, breakable minions. They will take those who jump when their superiors say "jump"---all in the name of "US Airways", or "Delta", or "United"...or whoever.

This is reality sets in. Look at the pool of recent hires at one airline in particular. They have a targeted demographic divided into sub-categories of the malleable. It's a microcosm of divide-&-conquer. They want those who prefer 1) security, 2) the ability/desire to prove something to society, and 3) those who respect & follow.

It's perfect. The diversity is beautiful to the airline because they can control it. Trends are almost never accidental and very seldom coincidental.

There's always an exception to the rule, but pay attention to the rule. I was HR at a very large company before. We were instructed that there is such thing as a right kind of weakness and a wrong kind of strength.

Management 101. Control your weapon on the battlefield or else it will also kill you.

Nothing personal. Chalk it up to "life sucks."

The only winner with this latest TA are GoJet pilots. They get to breathe a sigh of relief that the $h1t burning spotlight is off of them for one moment in time.

Latest resources

Back