Some SWA news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shootr

Talked to LL, today. Flt Ops is telling the PD to expect a class starting every 2 weeks beginning in March. No dates, yet, but they're assuming it'll begin March 1. They also think it'll be 24 per class for a while.

At #57 on our unofficial list, she said I'm easily in the #2 March class with 24 per class and could even make it in with 20 per class with just a few deferrals (any chance of updating the list, Heat?) She also said that they are going to try to give 4 weeks notice as much as possible so maybe just a few weeks before the next calls go out. Sounds like things really are going to gear up soon! I can't wait!

Good luck all,
shootr

Leap Year

Smart move on SWA's part. Everyone knows it is bad luck to have classes during months with 29 days. Also think of the time we would waste during the three day weekend in February. Well it must be time for bed now cause the big hand is on the little hand....wait that is only bed time in Jackson's neverland.

See you in April.

LFD

Just talked to Heat and he was hoping to get an update from the 12 Jan class as to who on the pool is in class. He said regardless of whether or not he gets any inputs from the 12 Jan class he will update the list this weekend.

Eaglelake

I think that I am the lowest on the list that made it into the Jan 12th class. We passed around a sheet yesterday so the list could be updated...not sure if that was distributed to Heat or not.

The first week has been great!! You have the same info we got from the first day of class. 392 this year with 24 every two weeks. Hang in there, it is most certainlly worth it!

Swimmer

Pool update

Here's the pool dudes in class;
DC8MAC
JDEANP
Sioux Flyer
Slam 89
OLY27
Stinger22
HANKHILL
AF757Pilot
SANTINI
CE750DRIVER
Muff
Icebergclub
DBLADE
Swimmer

Heat, let me know if my pm's are getting to you....
Poolies, things are going to happen fast, be ready! Bring your smiles, your about to meet the nicest people that you have ever been around.

On the onlline application, which scores higher?

Aircraft Instructor

or

Captain?

I'm currently a Captain/Instructor for a 121 carrier and I didn't know which would score me more points. I chose Captain??

Thanks.

I think marking "instructor" takes into assumption you are a captain. I have been told SWA looks very highly upon Instructor/Eval Captians. I would mark instructor.

Latest resources

Back