• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some of the names they come up with...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I heard that there is an apporiatly named intersection called DEEPO, it out several miles over the water near one of the New Egland Islands. I believe I heard it on this board too.

There is one called the tweety bird apporach, maybe someone can dig that one up too. Opps just noticed that it was on the top of the thread. :)

NOOTN (as in Wayne) here in Las Vegas

Around ANC you hear approach asking jets inbound if they are on the frozen 3 arrival, I am not sure where the waypoint is, I will dig out my jepps and look, but I think its east of anchorage somewhere. I post what I find later.

Twotter76

Two I like...

don't go missed at Hawthorne, CA (KHHR) - as you'll end up holding in LIMBO...

the other name I dug was a VOR named after an ex of mine...

CZI - is it still named "Crazy Woman"?

fg

Well,lets see...BNA has LRETA,GRRTH,JCKSN (ILS 2C),DIKNS (ILS 2L),SKAGS and ATKNS (ILS 2R),REABA,WAYLN,CRAMR,JUUDD (ILS 20L),OPERY and AKUFF (ILS 20R).STL has SPUDZ,CHIKN,CARDS,BBUCK,and oddly enough,ODDLY.Anybody who gets "Cross The Cape,250 at 11" for the QBALL FOUR arrival into STL knows RACKK and QBALL.Miss the ILS 24 and you go to COORS.The NESTO TWO for PIT has SAMEE,HRMAN and VINSE and PYRAT for the WISKE TWO.SBN has KNUTE,near the GIPPER VOR.Careful on the CASANOVA ONE into IAD,BUCKO-you could end up looking like a PUTZZ or a FINKS.Near Clinton,SC lies BUBBA.Look out on the NDB DME 23 into ORF-it can go to DOODY in a BLINC.SDF sees a lot of PARCL near UPSCO.While not intersections,the state pen in Riedsville,GA has the PRISON NDB and Vidalia's is called (c'mon,you knew this) ONYUN.

MEEOW

FATSO

SUZYQ

CESNA

PHATY

And the drum role....."Cleared to (AUGER) as filed"

We gOt hungry for...

SPICY > BARBQ > RIBBS >>> ILS 1R KMCI

Anyone know what this means?

J2-86 Waypoint >FIGMO<...

CZI

Hey Gringo,

A friend of a friend bought a new Porsche for his wife and had vanity plates made for it that said, you guessed it - CZI.
He never told her what it was, but all his flying buddies got a kick out of it. ;)

Latest resources

Back