• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some of Pinnacle's "finest" [from the 9E board]

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a CRJ pilot, but why not pop a reverser in idle? Is there a limitation? I know on various jets (the hawkers I flew, gulfstreams etc...) most can run a reverser in idle while taxiing without any issue (contaminated surfaces are obviously out) and it was an easy way to taxi while light.

Not a CRJ pilot, but why not pop a reverser in idle? Is there a limitation? I know on various jets (the hawkers I flew, gulfstreams etc...) most can run a reverser in idle while taxiing without any issue (contaminated surfaces are obviously out) and it was an easy way to taxi while light.

Can't use reversers below I believe 60 kts. because of FOD (foreign object damage). Plus, I would think it would be a lot of wear and tear on the reversers.

Can't use reversers below I believe 60 kts. because of FOD (foreign object damage). Plus, I would think it would be a lot of wear and tear on the reversers.

Ahh, than that takes care of that. The limitation we had was nothing above idle while below 50kias and, of course, no backing up the aircraft. As for wear, I was referring to only those long straightaways where you have the chance to build up speed while light so it probably wouldn't be much.

Doubt that is the limitation. Ours is reduce to idle before 75kts. Probably the same with you guys. Thanks for letting us know what FOD is. I was scratching my head with that one. :D

You can use them below 60kts, they just have to be at idle.

Last week in ATL a 9E 900 was asked if they could take 9R instead of 9L due to a fod check that would take 5 minutes. The crew took the tower up on the offer. Now that's flying safe!

Study your limitations again (assuming you're at Pinnacle), you can use them below 60 kts... at reverse idle.

The original author of one of these posts is a MEM Captain, rather young, who was made a check airman. Also, the PCL board, unlike most others, are NOT anonymous...the pilot's name is there for all to see....including management snitches.

Just about all the pilots affiliated with the training or checking departments are brown nosers and stooges who know that whatever they say on the PCL board will get back to their management. There are a few exception, such as JH, who can say whatever they want with no repercussion.

Fato does not tolerate dissent within the checking department. He is a stooge for Seal. He has created a bloated monster consisting of overpaid posterior smackers who do nothing to rock their little gravy train.

In three years of picketing events I can barely remember seeing any of these prima donnas walking at any event.

Just for the record, the CA that authored on of the original posts refused to allow the MEC to borrow his flatbed trailer for the last event in MEM because he thought the ALPA Rat was "unprofessional". TOOL!

Latest resources

Back