• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some CAL pilots sue ALPA over SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It gives the UAL side another list to carry around with them.

I think they're offended by ual furloughees coming back with full credit, with approx. 1.5 years of time in the seat, being put ahead of guys that had been flying on the cal side for 5 years.

Not to mention, one of the arbitrators had worked for alpa and ual in the past - at an "inflated" rate of pay.

And, ALPA provided subject matter experts to testify for the ual side - nothing for the cal side.

I just flew with an FO who - pre-SLI - could hold captain anywhere in the system. Post SLI, he's now 5 years from upgrading.

The latest bid out has 98% of the captain slots filled with ual.

Windfall much?

I think they're offended by ual furloughees coming back with full credit, with approx. 1.5 years of time in the seat, being put ahead of guys that had been flying on the cal side for 5 years.

Not to mention, one of the arbitrators had worked for alpa and ual in the past - at an "inflated" rate of pay.

And, ALPA provided subject matter experts to testify for the ual side - nothing for the cal side.

I just flew with an FO who - pre-SLI - could hold captain anywhere in the system. Post SLI, he's now 5 years from upgrading.

Windfall much?

Windfall? Yea, right. Here's some facts.
- Furloughees were credited with longevity, weighted at 35% not full credit.
- one of the arbs was used previously by LUAL and could have been removed by LCAL merger com but they did not. There were 3 arbs, one appointed from each side and 1 neutral.
- Each side had access to the SME's, to be used as they prefer.
- pre SLI is not a correct comparison as to the position after ISL. Single operation of the 2 carriers was Oct 2010 (snapshot date as per the Arbs). So the ISL was built as of your position Oct 2010 thru a stove pipe weighted 35% longevity (which CAL pilot Brusia penned to ALPA merger policy in 2008) and 65% statis/category. All the growth CAL saw from Oct 2010 to Sep 2013 was from block hrs from the UAL side, hence the bids in DEN, ORD, LAX, SFO. And before some CAL pilots try to say it was growth the following are the block hrs of the combined carriers.
DEC 2009 2.8M blk hrs
Dec 2013. 2.7M blk hrs

Your F/O you flew with may have been able to hold Cap in Aug 2013 but could not in Oct 2010.

So lets stop with the windfall BS, I lost 7.5 years of longevity, never been furloughed. My position was derived by ALPA merger policy (which both sides agreed to) as of the date the company started operating as one (Oct 2010). It is what it is, get over it and move forward.

Can you copy and paste the article?

The scabs shouldn't even be ALPA

I done read the law suit and it says it's all USAPAys fault. Ifin them USAPY guys didn't leave ALPA cause they was bigger than America West, then Continental woulda gots a better deal.

Windfall much?

Ugh, earplugs in once I hear this whining kick off. And yes the 6 guys suing are absolute toolbags esp Mr Carr.

66 out of 70 EWR CA 737 slots - ual
9 out of 11 ORD CA 737 slots - ual
5 out of 5 SFO CA 737 slots - ual

Blow me.

Latest resources

Back