So Much For Flying The Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASAFOE120

5.29.07 Stellar holiday weekend performance puts ASA on track for May goals 05/29/2007 5.29.07 Stellar holiday weekend performance puts ASA on track for May goals

Memorial Day weekend is traditionally known in the airline industry as the official start of the busy summer travel season. This year, ASA people companywide showed customers and Delta just how serious we are about stellar operational performance.

Every one of ASA’s 749 Memorial Day flights were completed with a whopping 93.32 percent of those flights arriving on time. On a whole, ASA completed 99.77 percent of scheduled flights on Memorial Day weekend, with 93.2 percent of those flights arriving on time.

“What an incredible weekend for our people and for our customers,” said Bryan LaBrecque, president. “As our ATL people transition to Delta on Friday, I know they will continue working hard in the tradition of excellence that they have established together so far 2007 at ASA.”

ASA’s month-to-date completion factor performance for May is 99.21 percent – ahead of the tough 98.52 Delta Connection Agreement (DCA) goal. Meanwhile, ASA is sitting at 85.45 percent for on-time performance in May – just behind the A-14 DCA goal of 87.36 percent.

In retrospect, I believe this sheds a better light on the pilot group. In the midst the final stages of a contract negotiations, ASA still turned in above average numbers. It certainly helps that the gate agents and rampers are on board with getting this stuff done on time. It'd be nice to take credit for it but without those guys doing their part, we don't go anywhere.

After June 1st, I predict a return to normalcy with below average numbers.

It certainly helps that the gate agents and rampers are on board with getting this stuff done on time. It'd be nice to take credit for it but without those guys doing their part, we don't go anywhere..

That's what shocked me. Aren't they getting fired on friday? And they came to work on memorial day weekend? Are they in possesion of an exceptional work ethic or just stupid? (or are they pretty much all collectively gettign hired by big D?)

I fly the contract but I'm not going to go out of my way to delay a flight. Part of our deal with Delta is based on performance and I don't want to give Delta or Skywest another reason to pull the plug.

I'm glad I left when I did. I would have stroked out if I still had to hear "we can be on time if we can get fuel at Charlie 25!!!" over the ops radio.

That's what shocked me. Aren't they getting fired on friday? And they came to work on memorial day weekend? Are they in possesion of an exceptional work ethic or just stupid? (or are they pretty much all collectively gettign hired by big D?)
Exceptional? Lol That is the last word I would use to describe ASA rampers and GAs in ATL ! Unless, of course, you mean they are exceptionally lazy ! No that Delta took over maybe it is better now.

Yeah I was pretty sure it wasn't the former, but Delta doesn't take over until Friday (I thought.)

Who generally works on holidays? Junior pilots. Who cares least about the contract battle (because they plan to leave soon anyhow)? Junior pilots.

There you go.

Who generally works on holidays? Junior pilots. Who cares least about the contract battle (because they plan to leave soon anyhow)? Junior pilots.

There you go.

And which pilots are the first to go IF there were to be a reduction in pilots? Yes, the junior ones. Younger is not always wiser.

And which pilots are the first to go IF there were to be a reduction in pilots? Yes, the junior ones. Younger is not always wiser.

Very true, but none of them believe they will get furloughed from ASA. But they'll be the first to go when Skywest cuts ASA back due to our failure to secure scope over industry leading pay rates.

Latest resources

Back