Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So if I wanted to fly out of ORD . . . ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

headda

If one was to pursue a regional pilot position, and wanted to get based out of ORD as quickly as possible, which one company would that be? I understand AE, ExJ, SkyWest, and GoJets all have a significant presence at ORD.

This is a serious question from an ex-mil pilot who has been out-of-flying for a while, and lives in NW suburban Chicago. Thanks in advance.

Out of the regionals you mentioned, GoJets will have the quickest opportunity to upgrade. Although with your military background, if you already have Turbine PIC, I would get on with any regional get current and start applying for majors.

SkyWest isn't hiring right now, but ORD is a pretty Jr base. Apply everywhere then weigh your options once you have multiple offers.

ORD is not the most junior base for new hires at XJT, although I dont think its terribly hard to get in a base trade or a perm bid. EWR is currently the most junior. CLE always has some real junior people as well.

Republic will be running 175s out of ORD for AA. Plus, Eagle is transfering the 700 to JFK and MIA. So it may get senior for AE. If your thinking RP youll prob get the Q out of the outstation bases.

Thanks, can someone from AE chip-in? Take long to get to ORD in either fleet?

We are displacing CRJ pilots out of ORD. However new hires are getting ORD in the EMJ. Pretty sure ORD will keep shrinking and be pretty senior by this time next year tho.

If one was to pursue a regional pilot position, and wanted to get based out of ORD as quickly as possible, which one company would that be? I understand AE, ExJ, SkyWest, and GoJets all have a significant presence at ORD.

This is a serious question from an ex-mil pilot who has been out-of-flying for a while, and lives in NW suburban Chicago. Thanks in advance.

While it would be nice to just drive to ORD, it is such an easy place to commute from you can pretty much be based anywhere and commute. CLE and MSP are about an hour flight, EWR, LGA, PHL about two hours. DAL and DEN about two and a half. I would go where you can get a line sooner, not a place where I may have to sit reserve for a year+ to shave a few hours off my commute.

I would go where you can get a line sooner, not a place where I may have to sit reserve for a year+ to shave a few hours off my commute.

I disagree, go where you can be based at home and not have to commute. Sitting on reserve while living in base isn't that bad compared to rushing to make an oversold flight with multiple jumpseaters listed.

Latest resources

Back