Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I was reading the SkyWest SAPA Forums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny how the only people complaining about the pay are non-Skywest pilots. My friend at OO with the same seniority makes $10k more than I do at an "ALPA" regional.

Not only how hard did he work.

The last raise OO got was thanks to ASA's new contract and an effort to kill the ALPA union drive they had going. Otherwise they would still be at the lower rate.

Is he flying the same equipment as you?

The last raise OO got was thanks to ASA's new contract and an effort to kill the ALPA union drive they had going. Otherwise they would still be at the lower rate.

Is he flying the same equipment as you?

No No No The ALPA drive was killed in order to secure the Southwest EMB190 flying. ;)

SKW bought Mesa hot rumor

The Mesa deal was suppose to be done last week. There is a hold up because the MEC wants Skywest to also hire all 700 furloughees too and Skywest says no. Jerry says he told them to take the deal offered to the now currently employed pilots now or get nothing later when Skywest buys them anyway. I guess we will see how this plays out.

What I find interesting to this is that Jerry said Brad Holt(Pres of ASA) and Chip Childs (Pres of Skywest) are "completing" the deal. It makes me wonder why Brad is involved. Originally it was suggested that ASA gets XJet and Skywest gets Mesa. Could some of the pilots at Mesa and planes go both to Skywest and ASA/Xjet? Or is it some formality to be worked out since they're both Skywest, Inc companies? I don't think Chip Childs was involved in the XJet deal.

Latest resources

Back