So How Short is Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPECJet

My wife bought one of our friends a ticket to spend Thanksgiving with us on NW.

Flight up was delayed 2 hours due to no crew, then his flight back was canceled this morning for the same reason.

Is the staffing that bad, or schedulers who don't know how to get things covered?

Heard some mechanics on the bus last week saying the ASA guys that left to run the PCL mx in ATL were pretty much told their positions wouldn't be around long, and that PCL didn't have the pilots to staff the planes.

Flight up was delayed 2 hours due to no crew, then his flight back was canceled this morning for the same reason.

Is the staffing that bad, or schedulers who don't know how to get things covered?

My guess is staffing IS that bad and NW is lying to their customers. Most likely they know about a pirticular flight that might have problems but wait till the last minute to stiff their customers so they won't book on someone else.

If you have to ask such a question, then you don't work in the airline industry. This isn't unique to Pinnacle.

My guess would be on crew sked. Somehow I think our staffing levels are improving due to the loss of aircraft to mesaba.

I'm sure we are a little short staffed, but we are losing planes faster than we are gaining them.

I think we are losing 2 a month and gaining 1 for a net loss of 1 plane a month.

Aren't the Delta Connection -900s going to offset the loss of the -200s to XJ, at least as far as staffing?

PCL 900s are coming to atl to offset the skywest 900s that will be used elsewhere, my guess slc. Skywest is closing their ATL domicile.

Latest resources

Back