Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ual-continental-labor-support-not-needed-for-deal-2010-05-03-95010

Reading between the lines:

"This financial side of this transaction is going to occur barring only DOJ/DOT interference. As far as an operational merger, it can be like AWA/US or it can be like DAL/NWA. What I mean when I say labor doesn't have to be on board is stating that an operational merger or divide/whipsaw is really up to them. BUT, if I can also use this opportunity to get the two pilot groups to tear themselves apart, then not only will I be a hero for creating the largest US airline, but also for breaking the largest pilot union at that airline. I'm not gonna lie...I kinda hope they take the bait"

Don't fall for it guys. All CAL and UAL guys need to unite NOW!

We can combine our cultures and move this airline and profession forward. Ultimately, it is up to us.

Last edited:
What an A$$ this dude is.

United people take note. This is really who you're dealing with over here. Gordon was gone a long time ago...

Settle down Bevis.

Easy there Mabel,

Of course labor has leverage in the closing of the deal. Does anyone really expect him to publicly say "Oh YEAH, labor totally has us by the short hairs"?

This is nothing more than an (lame) attempt to make labor nervous and bite on the first thing they dangle in front of us.

I know it is tough, but............ FRANKIE SAYS................RELAX

If you don't get the reference, you are too young to be senior to me ;-) (Don't even)

RR

I know it is tough, but............ FRANKIE SAYS................RELAX

If you don't get the reference, you are too young to be senior to me ;-) (Don't even)

RR
You *DO* realize that about 80% of this board probably won't get the reference either, don't you?

Just sayin'... ;)

This is nothing more than an (lame) attempt to make labor nervous...

RR

Exactly. And that is my point. They will also take advantage of any opportunity to get us fighting amongst ourselves. Which is something pilots tend to be great at. The more unified we are, the less their playbook is effective.

You *DO* realize that about 80% of this board probably won't get the reference either, don't you?

Just sayin'... ;)

Yup.

That's half the fun, before long some hotshot 25 Y/O who never actually knew life before GPS or FMS will start spouting off about how shi##y United is and how they should occupy the top 4700 spots on the new list, and blah blah blah.

Kind of like Chandler's "annoying like Joey cracking his knuckels or Phoebe biting her hair?" opening salvo.

Sometimes you have to make your own fun....

Well, there is going to be a ton of discussion on this merger. Just hope the two carriers come up with a viable plan that will sustain jobs for all those involved. Furloughed pilots interest in my opinion will be worked out. Retirements, attrition, early severance packages to SAM employees will take shape in the next few months. We all are starving for information and obviously want it yesterday. Be patient, don't engage in the rumor mill as it will drive you nuts. There is a website that can inform you of the combined direction of both carriers. Personally, I think it is a good thing, yet that will be determined with time. Good luck to us all...Just hope we don't rush to judgement as this integration will take time to come up with an industry leading contract for the industry.

www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com

Well, there is going to be a ton of discussion on this merger. Just hope the two carriers come up with a viable plan that will sustain jobs for all those involved. Furloughed pilots interest in my opinion will be worked out. Retirements, attrition, early severance packages to SAM employees will take shape in the next few months. We all are starving for information and obviously want it yesterday. Be patient, don't engage in the rumor mill as it will drive you nuts. There is a website that can inform you of the combined direction of both carriers. Personally, I think it is a good thing, yet that will be determined with time. Good luck to us all...Just hope we don't rush to judgement as this integration will take time to come up with an industry leading contract for the industry.

www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com

Thou speaketh the truth.

I think this will work out just fine, notwithstanding the rhetoric.

rr

Latest resources

Back