• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Downsizing, company financial struggles, etc, arent part of our integration process. The law states that there will be no system flush and that your seat is protected unless the Company can prove a financial distress or if there is downsizing taking place. Neither is happening under DAC. Quite the opposite.

The Lear fleet is shrinking. So, as the fleet decreases pilots will have to be displaced. If that's the case, which aircraft will a Lear captain hired in 05-06 go? Remember, youre advocating DOH which will stick 300+ pilots ahead of them. Do they move to captain in the challenger? No, we will be stuck in the right seat of whatever. If we are in the bottom 200 at Flex we are going to get screwed, while other over a period of time, will unfairly take our seats. So, I guess the good news is, I have a little time to prepare.

The last year at Flex has opened my eyes and revealed the character of those I work with. The top tear of the of our seniority list has always screwed those of us at the bottom for their own selfish gain. I am part of the bottom of the seniority list. I carry the load so you can get a 12-14 day line, Texaschallenger. Thanks for helping the Options side screw us.

Everyone who will be stapled by DOH needs to make their voice heard. Percentage is the only fair solution.

Last edited:
The ink didn't even have a chance to dry on the "We Win" page and the DoH dorks come out of the shadows. You guys are Red Label material for sure.

It's the simplest thing to merge these two lists: zipper the damn thing and move on. If you're at the bottom of either list, you're still at the bottom. Using this shotgun wedding as a lottery win isn't fair or equitable to any one. Fence agreements will give all to junior guys opportunity to upgrade in order. Unfenced aircraft will go in seniority order regardless of which company you belonged. The pain of aircraft disposal will be shared.

Is it fair that a 15 year options guy is a FO while 10 year Flex guys are captains, absolutely it is; does it suck, absolutely.

This is a brand new start for both groups don't F it up in the first 5 minutes.

There is no point pissing on each other. The arbitrator will have the final word since the union and the company will unlikely come to an agreement. Some will be happy, and some will be unhappy. Mergers are funny in that respect.

Management does not get a say in merging our list.

i would favor percentage with career expectations heavily factored. I don't want to lose my captain seat when the lear goes away only to be forced into anything that options flies, probably right seat too. Their entire fleet has zero appeal to me. We all know why the Lear fleet is rumoured to go away. Six seat plane, reduced range at a premium cost. I didn't screw that one up and don't want to be negatively impacted by that. Flexjet has been growing and was, if not still profitable. Anything less and Flex is going to lose a lot of hardworking people with great customer service skills to the 121 world. IMO
Like its been said many times, arbitration will settle this, not us.

The ink didn't even have a chance to dry on the "We Win" page and the DoH dorks come out of the shadows. You guys are Red Label material for sure.

It's the simplest thing to merge these two lists: zipper the damn thing and move on. If you're at the bottom of either list, you're still at the bottom. Using this shotgun wedding as a lottery win isn't fair or equitable to any one. Fence agreements will give all to junior guys opportunity to upgrade in order. Unfenced aircraft will go in seniority order regardless of which company you belonged. The pain of aircraft disposal will be shared.

Is it fair that a 15 year options guy is a FO while 10 year Flex guys are captains, absolutely it is; does it suck, absolutely.

This is a brand new start for both groups don't F it up in the first 5 minutes.

A zipper method, or one for one, only works if both lists are identical in size.

There is no point pissing on each other. The arbitrator will have the final word since the union and the company will unlikely come to an agreement. Some will be happy, and some will be unhappy. Mergers are funny in that respect.

From the FLOPs contract; "...the Company SHALL accept..." DOH is correct, the company doesn't have any say in seniority list integration.

J3GUY. Anything less and Flex is going to lose a lot of hardworking people with great customer service skills to the 121 world. IMO

DONT LET THE COCKPIT DOOR HIT YA IN THE A....YOU SUPER PILOTS Are replaceable believe it or not..DAC won't crumble without you

I Don't know where these FLEX guys have gotten this opinion of themselves that their so much better. 300 of them vote no = STUPID in my book and the few I have met on the road have backed up that equation. Just cause your mother told you your handsome doesn't mean you are.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back