7k+
attending skywest referral fair on the 6th, curious if
anyone knows if they will be scheduling interviews
there? also, wondering if someone might know how
to obtain their mechanical gouge that has been floating
around in recent years.

Andy Neill

Total Time
Only the written exams will be given to pilot applicants. Be sure to bring a referral letter from a SkyWest employee. That is your ticket through the door.

http://www.skywestpilot.com/interview/

is a good place to get tips on the interview process and test info.

Total Time
Referal Fair

Andy,
I have a couple of questions for you if you have the time. First of all, what will SkyWest say to people who show up to the fair but don't meet SkyWest minimums. I have a couple of friends who are close and want to attend. I have mentioned to them that I didn't think they could. Am I wrong?
And my last question, do you know how many pilots are scheduled to be in the March 27th class.

Thanks.

NOZ

Total Time
Andy-- I too, have a question. When I attend the open house, should I have a First Class Medical in the last six months? Or, just for the interview? My last medical was in April 2001 and I have an appointment for April for a new one. Thanks.

Jet_Dreamer

Living The Dream??
Total Time
enough
Andy-

what sort of written test will be given? first i have heard of it. is it mostly atp written test stuff (regs, weather, ifr procedure???).

Wasatch CFI

Katana Conquistador
Total Time
Anything in the ATP book is fair game. Also there is a mech. apptitude test.

Rooster

Total Time
The written test is not that difficult if you have spent some time in the ATP test book. I didn't prepare for the mechanical portion and had no trouble. That was eight years ago though. Good luck.

JOPILOT

JP
Total Time
7k+
NO PILOTS UNDER MIN'S

SKYWEST IS FIRM ON THEIR MINIMUMS, I TRIED LIKE HELL TO
GET INTO A PREVIOUS JOB FAIR INTERVIEW WITH 900 HRS AND
THEY SAID NO GO, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO KEEP UP THE KATANA
FLYING! SORRY

Andy Neill

Total Time
Answers

Pilot applicants who show up with a referral letter but without the full minimums will be welcomed to sit through the sessions, and talk with the recruiters but will NOT be allowed to take the written tests.

We expect 20 in the March class. Last Friday, the April and May classes of 20 each were still on the books.

I wouldn't worry about the First Class medical for the open house. If called to complete the interview (tech and sim in SLC) I would be certain to have a current first class at that point.

The written exam covers Part 121 ATP questions and a 10 question mechanical aptitude test (levers, gears, pressure differentials, etc).

ghostrider16

Total Time
rj/emb-120

hey andy, wondering about what plane the classes are for. I am assuming they are for the EMB-120, but since have been delayed since my interview I was wondering. I don't want to go too crazy studying the EMB-120 if the RJ is what I will go to class for....thanks.

Andy Neill

Total Time
Keep your nose in the 120. I don't see any CRJ newhires for quite a while yet.

pa34driver

mmmmmmk
Total Time
Andy, so are the calls going to come out this week for the March 27th class? Thanks for all of the information.

pa34

Andy Neill

Total Time
There is going to be a meeting today which SHOULD result in the class given the go ahead. If so, the calls will go out between the 5th and the 13th. Is that sufficiently vague?

pa34driver

mmmmmmk
Total Time
Any response is great. I can't wait to get the call.

Hope to see you soon.

barondriver

Dawn Patrol Dawg Again
Total Time
Skywest referall

Hi Andy, yet another long line of questions for ya....I have two letters of recommedations from current FO's with SkyWest. Will this suffice as as "referral" letter for the job fair?

Cant wait to thank you in person.

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
Total Time
5200+
Andy,

Could you please tell us the decision concerning the 27 Mar class when you hear. Please...

Tailwinds...

PS Check your private messages

Andy Neill

Total Time
Barondriver,

Your letters of recommend from SkyWest pilots are good for admission to the hiring fairs.

g159av8tor,

Got word this morning that we will NOT be running a class of 20 on the 27th of March. It will be a class of 24 on the 27th of March. I did get the pm and am researching an answer.

Sppedmode

Total Time
One more question Andy...

If I have 800 hours in the CRJ and was hired, would Skywest still put me in the EMB-120 program?

Thanks for your time...

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
Total Time
5200+
Thanks Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the help. Hope to finally put a name with a face 27 March.

Tailwinds...:D

Andy Neill

Total Time
Speedmode,

We would[n't] until such time as we ran out of SkyWest Brasilia FO's senior to you who wanted the CRJ right seat and who had served their one year seat lock. When we ran out of those candidates, you would be very near the top of those we would bring on as CRJ FO's. I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.

g159av8tor,

Trust me. It's not a pretty sight.

Last edited: