• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to get 51 EMB145's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and that would be the fault of the ALPA represented mainline pilots...

Outsourcing is as old as aviation itself. Yes, various ALPA MECs participated but so did others like the APA.

not entirely true. Been in both. The CRJ is far superior. IMO.

Which one? There are 3 types of CRJs and 4 types of ERJs? If you're talking about the ERJ 145 VS the CRJ 200, I don't see how the CRJ would be superior, it can't even reach it's crevice ceiling and no fadec.

Which one? There are 3 types of CRJs and 4 types of ERJs? If you're talking about the ERJ 145 VS the CRJ 200, I don't see how the CRJ would be superior, it can't even reach it's crevice ceiling and no fadec.

"Crevice ceiling"?....Prior to the Pinnacle incident, and restriction that follwed, used to take it to 410 quite a bit.

For what it's worth, the number I heard was 29, and that was a few days ago. It must depend on what rumor you listen to.

Lilah

This was the number of aircraft that SKW was going to transfer from XJT to SKW as part of the second CPA that SKW had worked out with CAL. Apperantly this is why SKW has been approved to operate the ERJ. Also, SKW has worked out with CAL that after one year they can have the 205 XJT aircraft put up for bid. XJT can win the bid if they become "cost competitive" or lose it to SKW.

This rumor is really strong around. The Continental CPA seems a very appealing carrot to our managment.

The question is, how appealing of a carrot is it to your management. Appealing enough to take XJT with their Holding Letter intact? There must be a REALLY good reason why they want XJT now rather than buying the pieces at pennies on the dollar since they seemed to be convinced that XJT will be bankrupt by August.

Just my guess..

SKWY has alot of eggs in the Delta and United basket. Both are on shaky ground and I think huge reductions could occur later this year that would really hurt SKWY (see bankruptcy). Delta's merger could have a negative effect, and United's financial status is questionable.

Continental is in the best financial shape and it would be smart for SKWY to get aboard that train. Hopefully XJT pilots will not change the scope portion of the contract, a clause created just so that those planes could be transferred to a more "cost competitive" group (see SKWY Pilots).

Although I concede that some of our pilots have wished for Mesa's demise, I've never witnessed the rumor-mongering, kool-aid drinking, bloodthirsty group such as the SkyWest pilots present on this forum.

While I understand that the opinion isn't held as a majority, it is a definite sad testament to the stakes that your non-union pilot group will go to in defending your heroic efforts in "saving" XJT from it's death while banking on a take of 51 airplanes.

It's evident from the smattering of posts and the actual encounters that our pilots have in the jumpseat with you that you clearly can't wait to score a victory against us. I'll bet that this minority of representation for you bespeaks more of you.

I've personally witnessed this from my right seat. I've personally corrected these people. I don't think it's the majority, but I do think the ones who feel that way are vocal, tech-savvy, and immature. Even when contemplating the demise of Mesa over beers on an overnight I try to balance the "good" with the "bad". These are PEOPLE we are talking about. I've been furloughed(from ExpressJet...Then Continental Express)...I know how that feels. It doesn't matter where you work...it's never good or fun. I am tired of this debate. Unfortunately, our management seems to be fairly aggressive in their pursuit of ExpressJet. Unfortunately, some of our pilots feel this will bring us a windfall. That's sad. Hopefully things will turn out like they did for ASA. Other than quitting my job(which is NOT an option for me)...there is nothing I can do. Our ALPA drive was not successful. I don't think we'll have another opportunity for a long time to have union representation. Though our current SAPA group is doing a much better job than any I've ever seen...I HIGHLY DOUBT they have ANY PULL with management to change the terms of any buyout/merger.

I'm sorry you guys at ExpressJet are facing this down. Having gotten the call from Continental Express 7 years ago...I know how it feels...I know the stress...I would NEVER address that lightly. I most CERTAINLY would never take pleasure in that happening TO ANYONE(Mesa included).

Latest resources

Back