Skywest Response

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

What is the mood over at Skywest since the Delta announcement? How do the people at Skywest feel about ASA setting up a domicile in SLC? What kind of changes do u guys expect?

I haven't seen really any mood change at all. It seems SKW is excited about the fact that they will be doing the ground handling. The pilots don't seem to care either way. The only changes seem to be ASA will operate the 70's on routes SKW serves with 50 seats now, plus a few new ones. Mgmt indicated that SKW will not lose any flying. I'm thinking as of now. From the looks of it, SKW will no longer be accepting 7 50 seaters (for DAL) scheduled for delivery next year.

This will put a stint in growth for SKW out of SLC, but the majority doesn't seem to recognize what may come of this, but who really knows?

It's a pretty nuetral group. You definitely won't see any resentment of harsh feelings from this pilot group.

The best of luck to you guys in the relocation.

Really, what right do we have to be upset at ASA coming to SLC. We did the same in DFW and ASA accepted us with mostly smiles. We'll do the same (granted, there are those that aren't as open-minded). We welcome Comair and ASA crews into our crew lounge right now- have been for, what, a year now?

Welcome to SLC!! Enjoy the scenic west coast flying!!

DL,
we have so many bases (around 14 I think) at SkyWest that I think the asa guys will find little hostility from us about moving in on "our" territory. I myself have seen the hostility that others at some airlines have towards us, that we want to be above that kind of treatment. most people realize that flying doesn't belong to one group or another. I'm actually stoked that there are going to be some 70 seaters around for non-reving on. the 50's don't cut it too well at the higher altitude airports. That, and most guys have better things to do there like hiking, mtn biking, and skiing....

do yourself a favor ASA guys, bring real beer, the 3.2 stuff is crap...

welcome ya'll,
Mookie

Mookie said:
DL,
we have so many bases (around 14 I think) at SkyWest that I think the asa guys will find little hostility from us about moving in on "our" territory. I myself have seen the hostility that others at some airlines have towards us, that we want to be above that kind of treatment. most people realize that flying doesn't belong to one group or another. I'm actually stoked that there are going to be some 70 seaters around for non-reving on. the 50's don't cut it too well at the higher altitude airports. That, and most guys have better things to do there like hiking, mtn biking, and skiing....

do yourself a favor ASA guys, bring real beer, the 3.2 stuff is crap...

welcome ya'll,
Mookie
14 bases! I can't understand why ASA did not choose to open a domicile in CVG. They have to pay for guys/gals to relocate anyway, so why not open a CVG domicile instead of paying for hotel rooms for enough crews to rotate through with 15 airplanes?

I thought the point was to save money?

Dave Benjamin said:
If they really wanted to do that they could simply merge CMR and ASA which would eliminate duplicate infrastructures.
That would give ALPA too much leverage, which would ultimately cost more money than they would save from eliminating duplicated infrastructure.

They will never merge the two.

ILStoMinimums said:
I can't think of any regional out there that has 14 bases to offer! Simply awesome! Wish I could jump ship!
Colgan has like 40 bases, and I think they're hiring.

Latest resources

Back