Skywest Pilots Uphold CAL scope!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How has ALPA forgiven?

ALPA made a lot of scabs members in good standing not to long ago.

The strike broke the union. A lot of people scabbed and crossed the line. Not too long ago, ALPA brought CAL back into the fold. Those guys that scabbed did and are still working are now members in good standing with ALPA.

Last edited:

The strike broke the union. A lot of people scabbed and crossed the line. Not too long ago, ALPA brought CAL back into the fold. Those guys that scabbed did and are still working are now members in good standing with ALPA.

He knows that. He's trolling for some reason.

US LAW requires a union that takes over from a previous union to accept all members in good standing. Makes sense doesn't it?

So the REAL issue is why did the in house CAL union accept scabs?

So either your issue is with the law or IACP....

He knows that. He's trolling for some reason.
the truth?

US LAW requires a union that takes over from a previous union to accept all members in good standing. Makes sense doesn't it?

So the REAL issue is why did the in house CAL union accept scabs?

So either your issue is with the law or IACP....

It's with both. And yes he's trolling.

It means the company is about to severely disrupt that crew's life.

Ask around what happened to the lear guys etc, when the UPS pilots were supporting the teamsters. Low end contract guys, no protection, honoring that dispute.....

The company CAN'T disrupt the crew's life.

A federal judge ordered these flights stopped. SKW told their crew to do something that could have very well left them open to arrest for contempt of court....in short, they asked the crew to carry out an illegal activity.

I'd LOVE to see SKW take action against the crew over that.

......but can the company start nitpicking these guys for every other little thing? Stay tuned.

The company CAN'T disrupt the crew's life.

A federal judge ordered these flights stopped. SKW told their crew to do something that could have very well left them open to arrest for contempt of court....in short, they asked the crew to carry out an illegal activity.

I'd LOVE to see SKW take action against the crew over that.

......but can the company start nitpicking these guys for every other little thing? Stay tuned.

It wasn't a federal judge, it was an arbitrator.

All of the CAL scabs back when ALPA wanted to get the CAL pilots to get rid of the IACP and come back to ALPA. ALPA decided to forgive all the scabs inorder to get their vote. The way I translate this? ALPA is a scab union.

Perhaps you need an interpretor to translate.

Any union, ALPA included, is required by law, to accept all members in good standing.....

So the scab union is the IACP..... correct?

Last edited:
Perhaps you need an interpretor to translate.

Any union, ALPA included, is required by law, to accept all members in good standing.....

You're right. They were required to bring them back. So, everyone who has the list, if they're on the list, keep the POS's outta' your plane. If they're not on the list, give 'em first class.

Republic or whomever flew a E-170 for CLT to IAH on 1-7-10. We know these guys have no balls.

Why does United and US Air and CAL DAL pay these guys and then compete against them? I know they have a contract, but they award them additional flying all the time? Its great for Republic, they deadhead crew members around their systems to get them to where they need the crew to fly the frontier flights.=NICE United still paying for alot of their fuel for the frontier flying?

These kinds of comments are amazing to me. I worked at Eagle once upon a time and use to hear comments from AA guys like, "How does it feel to take food out of my kids mouth?" What the hell is wrong with people like that? If you want to protect "YOUR" flying, get off your collective asses and do something about it. Take them to court. Picket at the airport. Hand out leaflets. Do SOMETHING! But don't get your panties all wadded up when somebody else won't fall all over themselves and risk their lively hood to protect YOUR rights.

I AGREE, outsourcing the mainline flying is total crap but what are mainline pilots willing to do to protect it? Refusing to allow regional pilots the ability to ride in our mainline jumpseats? That's our solution? A guy gets a line that includes a leg that should be mainline and you think he should refuse to fly it? Get over yourselves. For the sake of argument, let's say the pilots DO refuse to fly the leg. What do you propose to do for them if/when they get fired? Are you going to donate money to help feed their family? Are you going to walk them into YOUR Chief Pilot with a resume and get them a job?

I don't like bottom feeding companies any more than anyone else does, but let's stop grouping regional pilots as a bunch of job stealers. They are doing exactly what you would be doing if you were in their position. Trying to get up to the next rung of the ladder so they can share in the fabulous end of year W-2, penis measuring contest that is going on in the other thread or so they can be in a position to complain about having to ride in lowly business class on dead heads to Europe. It's actually embarrassing to be grouped in with a few of you.

Off the pedestal. Feel free to flame away.

Latest resources

Back