Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

proptojet

SkyWest Pilots cancel DFW-IAH(1115) for scope viloation!

Anyone hearing this. This is supposedly going on right now(0730). The flight was carrying the CO designator. The Cpt. is refusing to take it until it's changed to a UA designator.

Last edited:
Something like this happened during the Comair strike as well. Bunch of us made a big stink until we were sure that the flying was not struck work. Union or not, we at least tried to do the right thing. For its part, the company bent over backwards to appease the pilots. Hopefully more cancellations will follow.

I love the cancellation code, FLT OPS - PERSONNAL ERROR - CAPTAIN. Looks like it's repositioning empty right now DFW-IAH.

I believe the flight is now being operated, a couple of hours late with only a handful of passengers.

What this captain did, took a lot of courage, but our union does not want to see anyone get in trouble. Especially at a non-union airline.

Even when these flights finally become fully compliant they will still violate the spirit of our contract. I feel bad for my SkyWest friends, so many are trying to dance around this flying.

anyway, fly safe you guys and document all violations !

BTW our union knows all about this, some on our Calforums have offered legal support if needed. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know!

fly safe you guys, and thanks again Skywes captain !

The flight has been canceled. Way to go SkyWest pilots!!! If I find out who these guys are, drinks are on me!!!

Good for this pilot, looks like he isn't delirious on the company kool-aid.

IMO this pilot isn't punished..

Scenario #1- Pilot is talked to but nothing punitive happens to him. Skywest management saves face among pilots maintaining their good image. In reality this is a calculated move on management's part to keep the lemming pilots happy and a union out. A union would cost them much more then a canceled flight.

Scenario #2- Pilot gets fired/suspended. Skywest pilots realize that maybe management isn't so friendly...Start to wonder how/why SkyW Inc can be out buying airlines, investing in airlines while their pilots fly increasingly large aircraft for roughly the same pay. Pilot mutiny brings a union on board and SKWY ends up having to negotiate a real contract that could cost them millions.....

I heard about 51 passengers were were pretty upset because they missed all of their connections. Now poor 6 yr old Jimmy won't get to see his Grandma in the hospital.

Last edited:
yeah, because changing the flight number (4 numbers) makes it right. Change it to a 737 (or RJ flown by mainline pilots) then it would be right.

Latest resources

Back