Skywest paycut?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

Is it true that your management is asking you to reduce pay on the 50 seaters and keep the 70 seat pay at the current 50 seat rate, or is it just a rumor.

Rumor.

We are not currently in pay-negotiations talks with management, though I understand that we will be shortly.

Yes... definitely rumor! Thank gosh! Where do people come up with this stuff?
I heard it from frinds that work there. hopefully they are wrong. Either way you have to take whatever they offer.

SO how will it work,
Skywest has no union and no official contract. you work under an agreement with management. So when management comes and says ok we need a 10% cut across the board or if they say here is the deal no more perdiem on day trips. (just if's I have not heard any of these things)

Is there anything that the pilots can do to say no or counter offer? Last year when SkyWest all the sudden stopped paying during new hire training it seems that there was no choice the lowest payed pilots in the group took a direct hit to the old checking account?

I am not not pro union or try to ruffle feathers I really would like to know if there is any thing keeping your management from monday morning saying X is your new payscale, take it or quit.

Yes, the word of our CEO. He's about as straight of a shooter as they come, very different than other regional airline CEO's. VERY doubtful he and his team would suddenly switch to that kind of tactic overnight. Could he? Sure, anything is possible at any airline. Kinda like PFT was at other similar airlines just a few short years ago.

Your correct in that they could impose any pay scale the want if they desired to deep 6 the at least half way good relationship they have with the pilots.

Expect to see a lot of cruising altitudes at about 15000 on long legs, good solid 7's on the BTMS on 10,000 ft runways. The on time performance they love to tout would head south and a lot of BS write ups might start grounding planes. Not without at least some alternatives. I know what your thinking, SkyWest has been burned in the past for firing pilots for questionable offenses only to lose in court.

"Sorry boss, 13000 was the only smooth altitude"

You Skywesters will learn eventually. Once management burns you like everybody else's management team eventually does, you'll see the light.

We're at 30+ years and counting. How long did it take for your management to "burn you" and for you to find "the light"? What is the average time is to go from pilot group creation to "finding the light"? Are the SkyWest and Jet Blue pilot groups messing up this average?

I don't care about averages. You're the one facing a paycut buddy, not me. I don't have anything to prove.

Latest resources

Back