• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Pay Agreement.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah you're the joke. WTF does it go down from what the rate is now, and then back up. Explain that one.

Are you ok? Seriously. Do you have a mental disorder? If you actually fly for ASA then you should know what our per diem rate is, and you should know it's already less than what skywest gets now.

Are you ok? Seriously. Do you have a mental disorder? If you actually fly for ASA then you should know what our per diem rate is, and you should know it's already less than what skywest gets now.

The answer is yes, he has a mental disorder.

I have to laugh though. This incompetent mgt allows this to be announced prior to our vote. Brilliant! :D:laugh:

This reeks as a move engineered by Ford & Harrison:

1. Keep pushing for a concessionary contract until the union gives in and allows a vote, both parties knowing it is not going to pass.

2. Offer SKYW incremental improvements in per diem and minimum day, and establish E170 rates (as well as raise Brasilia pay, which doesn't apply to us).

3. (Possibly) End the voting on the first TA early and...

4. Offer the same thing to XJT and have it get 51-60 percent of yes votes.

5. Since we have almost identical contracts (policy handbooks, whatever), merge both employee groups and get rid of unions.

Voila! Can I be a consultant too?

No...seriously, how do I apply?

Last edited:
Which means doodie all, the current upgrade is at aprox 7 years. So come on over and swing the gear in an EMB120 for 2 years, and most likely never break guarantee. Sorry this is as weak as it gets. The SAPA Quislings never fail to deliver....

This reeks as a move engineered by Ford & Harrison:

1. Keep pushing for a concessionary contract until the union gives in and allows a vote, both parties knowing it is not going to pass.

2. Offer SKYW incremental improvements in per diem and minimum day, and establish E170 rates (as well as raise Brasilia pay, which doesn't apply to us).

3. (Possibly) End the voting on the first TA early and...

4. Offer the same thing to XJT and have it get 51-60 percent of yes votes.

5. Since we have almost identical contracts (policy handbooks, whatever), merge both employee groups and get rid of unions.

Voila! Can I be a consultant too?

No...seriously, how do I apply?
I agree with all of this. There's no such thing as random timing when it comes to these things. I almost get the feeling they are fully expecting us to vote no, but our concessionary TA and status quo TA at SKYW are simply setting expectations in the basement for what we ultimately end up with. They would have been ecstatic if we had gone into this agreeing to current book, but that may be how this ends up.

I also agree that if SKYW's agreement is so profitable, then they have no excuse to not consider a complete merger. How many at XJT would consider the SAPA deal in exchange for one list? Since this will never be on the table, I call BS on management's assertions.

They never enforce our freezes on the ASA side anyway... They let people bid all over the place. Probably because they're too inept to figure out the awards with one more variable thrown into the mix!

Well, they tend not to enforce freezes when displacements are in the position notice. If you recall the first 3 position notices of 2013 upheld the seat locks. The most recent 2 had significant displacements out of ATL 200 CA. They tend to do this because when people are displaced the Company has to pay for moving expenses. If you drop fences and let people move voluntarily it tends to mitigate displacements and reduces exposure to moving expenses.

Latest resources

Back