SKYWEST or COMAIR??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jball2

I have a friend who has been hired by both and the better pay at Comair is swaying him. I am concerned about the future of Comair and Mother Delta for that matter. Can anyone offer some GOOD advice without slinging mud?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Where does he live? Being able to be based close to where you live can make life a lot easier.

He doesn't care where he's based but Comair apparently has put on a good show for the interviewees and he wants to go there. I just don't know what's going on there other than they extended their contract negotiations into feb.

He doesn't care where he's based but Comair apparently has put on a good show for the interviewees and he wants to go there. I just don't know what's going on there other than they extended their contract negotiations into feb.

Can he survive in New York on less than $20,000/yr.? That's what Comair is attempting to force the pilot group to accept.

Can he survive in New York on less than $20,000/yr.? That's what Comair is attempting to force the pilot group to accept.

Salt Lake, Denver, lax, numerous other cali bases on 19.02 an hour ain't easy either.

Oh lets not forget Chicago.

Salt Lake, Denver, lax, numerous other cali bases on 19.02 an hour ain't easy either.

Oh lets not forget Chicago.

If you fly, you will make $25-28K first year, even with the 19.25/hr.

"COMAIR is owned by ALPA, and being owned by ALPA means everything" Hmmm. I think I screwed that up somehow.

As a former Comair guy, I'd say go to Skywest. Too much uncertainty right now at DL. Comair has alot of hurdles to get over, the bankruptcy, negotiations, and the DL/US merger. Attrition is rampant and QOL for reserves is in the toilet, not to mention morale. Whatever the pay is at Comair now, it will change for the worse in the short term. PM me if you have more questions.

Last edited:
If you fly, you will make $25-28K first year, even with the 19.25/hr.

"COMAIR is owned by ALPA, and being owned by ALPA means everything" Hmmm. I think I screwed that up somehow.

OH...I forgot you got a 25 cent raise. Oh boy 25k a year!!

Is that even a serious question right now? Apparently you can be a captain in 2 years or less at skywest.
At comair, best case scenario, you will be on reserve that long if based in cvg as an fo.

I'd say go to SkyWest, I know Comair pays more but it is still a regional, unless he wants to be a regional lifer go to SkyWest, the upgrades are in the 1-2yr range, get the PIC time and move on (This is what my plan is).
FDAH

Latest resources

Back