SkyWest Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyjen30

Anybody have an interview with SkyWest this month?

Any info as to which airplane they are currently hiring for?

Thanks for any info.

A buddy of mine just got hired, in UT now training for the EMB120. He had about a month between interview & starting class.

I know two guys both interviewing on the 21st. I was hired in
March and I'm just waiting for a class date. We were told to
expect May 3rd for the EMB. I know one guy who went straight
to the CRJ, but I suspect it's mostly EMB.

Last edited:
There were guys in the hangar last week interviewing. I heard they were being hired into a pool.

40 RJ transition/newhires in class now.

20 EMB newhires started today.

Another all newhire jet class starts this week.

Next EMB newhire class is May 3rd.

Good luck.

new hires into the brazillia now, doesn't matter how much jet time. buddy of mine interviewed last month with eight other applicants all with high multi and turbine time, he had barely mins, and didn't get the job. word at the hangar is that most interviewees have high time.(3000 or so), unless your internal and get in. i'm over there once a week and most interviewees are higher time. something like 6,000 or so on file right now that are competetive.

i'll step back. not ALL interviewers are going to the brazillia, but if you get the jet now your lucky. most are into brazillia. training center is a mad house right now. for those who are interviewing soon i suggest get a few hours over at American at the airport. Sim ride is killing everyone right now for the most part. If you get on, congrats! what a great company. you've gotta come on to belive how nice everything is. top of the line. good luck

emb-120

Getting the EMB-120 would certainly not be unlucky, you will get a good shot at picking your base in the West, you will fly more and have minimal reserve time, and therefore more $$$. You might even say that the EMB class would be the way to go as a newhire if you value QOL. Either way both planes are a lot of fun and the people for the most part are great to work with! Good Luck.

I just got on with skywest! I interviewed at the end of may and i would say most people only had around 2000-2500 hours in my group. I also got the EMB-120. Does anyone know when the ground school date may happen? Thanks

The guy I know who's in class now had his resume walked in, time 1500TT - 250multi.

Latest resources

Back