• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Inc quarterly earnings call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You idiots, stock repurchase is a no-net-gain transaction. They're trading shares for cash (sorry, I mean CA$H-MONEY) and it doesn't get reported as operating income or loss. In addition, stock repurchase increases the value of the outstanding shares.

See what I mean?

We are making it way too easy for Jerry. Go find someone who actually understands anything at all about accounting or finance and bug them. I just don't have the patience to try and explain the obvious anymore.

First time SKW has had a loss in 90 quarters. 23 years. 11 million loss was less than the 13 million forecast loss

Loss mostly due to reduction of DCI rates (7 million) and the reduction of block hours. Lots of heavy checks costs at ASA. These will affect SKW for the rest of the year.

Air Mekong had a 2 million loss.

Repurchased 17 million of SKW stock (source of the most loss?)

The rebroadcast will be available until through May 19, 2011 till 9:00 a.m. EST.
call 1-877-344-7529 enter code 450200

The way I heard it was the lost was mainly due to weather, with heavy maintenance contributing. Skywest Inc lost around 13,000 block hours due weather to the tune of $10 million.

Air Mekong lost 2 million, which was expected and budgeted for. Expecting a $1 million loss for the next couple of quarters. Nothing out of the normal or concerning for a start up. Revenue and load factor continue to increase.

17 million repurchase was a contributing source to loss of cash and securities of about $90 million. Did not affect profit/loss numbers

See what I mean?

We are making it way too easy for Jerry. Go find someone who actually understands anything at all about accounting or finance and bug them. I just don't have the patience to try and explain the obvious anymore.

He's right. Your posts are pure comic relief

SkyWest made money, ASA and Expressjet lost money.

I love this one...

so Skywest INC owns both.... manage both.... have their hand placed 'leaders' in both....and lets say you are right and one is making money... and the other isnt... then whose fault is that? It aint the pilots.. Skywest has owned us long enough to sprinkle the magic pixie dust...we all are here every day and watch what is going on....if someones tries to tell me its the pilots i will laugh.. if you compare w2 vs w2 between pilots... skywest makes more..

See what I mean?

Simply astonishing....

I love this one...

so Skywest INC owns both.... manage both.... have their hand placed 'leaders' in both....and lets say you are right and one is making money... and the other isnt... then whose fault is that? It aint the pilots.. Skywest has owned us long enough to sprinkle the magic pixie dust...we all are here every day and watch what is going on....if someones tries to tell me its the pilots i will laugh.. if you compare w2 vs w2 between pilots... skywest makes more..

I don't think anyone indicated it was the pilots. The problem was winter weather in Houston, Chicago, and Atlanta. Coupled with heavy maintenance obligations for the CRJ200s. That simple. BR even mentioned that the fuel costs have been mitigated by successful fare increases on the pro-rate operations.

So what's the deal on the perf+ payout if there even is one? Is it delayed again like last time in Feb? Course I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm sure it was under 1% and the performance numbers were so bad last quarter they are probably going to ask us pay them this time....

So what's the deal on the perf+ payout if there even is one? Is it delayed again like last time in Feb? Course I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm sure it was under 1% and the performance numbers were so bad last quarter they are probably going to ask us pay them this time....
I'm guessing a big fat doughnut! But "Thanks for all you do!" What the FU%& ever!

Latest resources

Back