Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What?
xjt - $5.1m profit, 1.36% margin

If it's anything like SkyWest's bonus program, a company margin over 1% for the quarter ensures you will get what SkyWest calls a Financial Rewards on top of the normal Performance Rewards. I'm sure they are both called something different there at ExpressJet. Congrats you guys! And maybe Brad didn't mention it so that you'd all have something to be pleasantly surprised about? Or maybe he couldn't mention it since it would be kind of like insider trading (after years of negative margins being the norm?).

We had a very decent Performance Plus system here a while back. Then Brad came over and rewrote the formula. I went from several-hundred-dollar checks to ah, $36.54.

That's all he has to do. Call his guy in accounting and snap his finger.

That's................why we have a union.

And how's that working out for you?

That's the best you can do?

I have an idea. You volunteer to see how it goes with no representation at this place. They will enhance your compensation and work rules, I'm sure.

Last edited:
That's the best you can do?

I have an idea. You volunteer to see how it goes with no representation at this place. They will enhance your compensation and work rules, I'm sure.

Been over on the good side for quite awhile now and doing just fine.

And how's that working out for you?
The same as it does at SKYW, weak union members, weak union. SKYW has weak pilots and get right down to the business of lubing up for the concessions, with no need for a CBA, cuts the red tape out. But at least we have SAPA selling the cuts.

Skyw, inc - $20.7m, 2.47% margin

skw - $15.6m profit, 3.35% margin
xjt - $5.1m profit, 1.36% margin

You need to read the 10-Q perhaps, XJT ecked out a small operating profit and still showed a loss for the quarter. 1.157 million dollars in operating profit, but it was a 4.205 million overall loss for the quarter ending June 30th. Skywest Airlines earned 39.924 million dollars for the same time period.

You need to read the 10-Q perhaps, XJT ecked out a small operating profit and still showed a loss for the quarter. 1.157 million dollars in operating profit, but it was a 4.205 million overall loss for the quarter ending June 30th. Skywest Airlines earned 39.924 million dollars for the same time period.

Yeah, I was wondering where he got his numbers.

Latest resources

Back