• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When we are all paid the same, it then becomes everyone's best interest to have one list, one G.O., one company.

Well it will be a very long time before all SKW, XJT, and ASA pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, customer service, dispatch, and corporate counterparts are all making the exact same as each other, so I wouldnt hold my breath.

I would bet money that the next play in the Ford and Harrison playbook is the announcement that some ERJ's are not going to have their contracts extended. I know that some were just extended, but that was, IMO, just to get through summer. First ones to come off lease after summer is over are gone. It is the only play management has to increase concessionary pressure on your side. Knowing that and we don't get razzled by it.

It was quite simply BS that Skywest got these because they know their costs. Skywest Inc will pay Skywest pilots the same rate that XJET gets within a week. Happened in '07 after the ASA contract. They are negotiating for the entire Inc. Company. When we are all paid the same, it then becomes everyone's best interest to have one list, one G.O., one company.

Hope "BS" means "business sense" ... Not the other... Then yes your right..

Grade school? Yes. According to your reading comprehension.

Weren't you the guy that was bragging for months that he was going to get that toy first?

You see, the word "he" is a direct reference to the word "guy" earlier in the sentence. And since I'm claiming "you" are that "guy" the word "he" is an indirect reference to "you" (aka Nevets).

So it was either your reading comprehension that was grade school level, or your arguing skills. Your backtracking could also use some work.

Yes, which is PRECISELY why I put he and toy in quotations earlier. But no, that was not me.

It doesn't matter, the pay will be whatever the company decides, SAPA will sell/pimp it to the pilots, that's the SKYW model, been that way for years.
Instead of studying for a new airframe, I will use that time to make sure my logbook is up to date, interview suit freshly dry cleaned and interview skills are up to speed.
All you guys with a shiny jet chubby, study real hard and have fun with the Feds in the classroom, sim and jumpseat, I am sure the checkairmen will not excede their quota of pink slips, especially with the Fed offering their opinion. I wonder if the ASA guys turned Fed will be there. This will be cat herding at its finest.
FWIW, the pay will match the 900, JP will deliver!

It doesn't matter, the pay will be whatever the company decides, SAPA will sell/pimp it to the pilots, that's the SKYW model, been that way for years.
Instead of studying for a new airframe, I will use that time to make sure my logbook is up to date, interview suit freshly dry cleaned and interview skills are up to speed.
All you guys with a shiny jet chubby, study real hard and have fun with the Feds in the classroom, sim and jumpseat, I am sure the checkairmen will not excede their quota of pink slips, especially with the Fed offering their opinion. I wonder if the ASA guys turned Fed will be there. This will be cat herding at its finest.

Race ya

This post was hilarious! "Cat herding at its finest" LOL!

Well done sir

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

A load of ALPA propaganda, though he does get a few things right; Deregulation was the begining of the end for this profession.

Supply and demand is a law of economics, it appears to fail as stated in the article because the baseline wage used as a reference is from the era of regulation. Those historically high wages don't come from the combination of profitability and unions as the author claims, they come from a government franchise and fixed prices by the CAB.

In other words, pilots are still over paid respecting the potential supply of pilots, wishing or believing that you worth more (even based on historical data) doesn't change the facts.

There is, however, no pilot shortage.

A load of ALPA propaganda, though he does get a few things right; Deregulation was the begining of the end for this profession.

Supply and demand is a law of economics, it appears to fail as stated in the article because the baseline wage used as a reference is from the era of regulation. Those historically high wages don't come from the combination of profitability and unions as the author claims, they come from a government franchise and fixed prices by the CAB.

In other words, pilots are still over paid respecting the potential supply of pilots, wishing or believing that you worth more (even based on historical data) doesn't change the facts.

There is, however, no pilot shortage.

Deregulation made it possible for travelers of all incomes to travel in which was a good thing whereas the outsourcing of that demand to commuter/regional airlines has created a permanent underclass of workers. I don't believe the second part of my first statement was done intentionally. just a glaring example when the government becomes involved in any law/regulation the government screws it up!

Latest resources

Back