SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

701EV

ExpressJet?s parent company, SkyWest, Inc., today announced it has entered into an agreement with Embraer to purchase 100 E175 aircraft with options for an additional 100. In a memo via MyMessages to ExpressJet team members, Brad shared where the first of these aircraft will go to be operated, and what ExpressJet is doing to gain new business.

Of these 200 aircraft, 40 go to OO for UA starting April 2014 and commencing August 2015. No firm CPA at this moment for EV. I'm sure Nevets will explain the first rights of refusal to us all again.

Of these 200 aircraft, 40 go to OO for UA starting April 2014 and commencing August 2015. No firm CPA at this moment for EV. I'm sure Nevets will explain the first rights of refusal to us all again.

Brad's memo basically said lack of labor contracts is holding us back. Expressjet does not know their future costs.

However, the last update from the union regarding the agreement on PBS and the acceleration on negotiations seemed positive

I'm sure they know where these planes will go. They'll use them as a carrot in negotiations along the way, as they always have. The problem is the lxjt guys don't know how our mgmt works and they will get suckered in.

Also, I've been telling young pilots ready for the regionals to skip xjet and wait for Skywest. This may be their shot.

Last edited:
Brad's memo basically said lack of labor contracts is holding us back. Expressjet does not know their future costs.

However, the last update from the union regarding the agreement on PBS and the acceleration on negotiations seemed positive

I mean no ill-will and this is strictly an opinion, but the facts are starting to finally show themselves. ExpressJet may have been able to stop Inc from reallocating the aircraft that are already operating, but they can't do a thing to stop Inc from allocating new aircraft wherever they want. The future is more than likely going to be a whittled down ExpressJet and a larger, more diverse SkyWest.

Unless those planes replace e145s, and the tpa didn't gut the lxjt CPA like it did the lasa CPA.

There is nothing to doom & gloom about for us at Expressjet. Attrition is through the roof, at least on the lxjt side, and classes are not remotely close to full.

UAL cannot add all 70 RJs on order until a small narrow body aircraft is placed at mainline. They are hiring like crazy now, it will be nuts when that SNB aircraft is established

Latest resources

Back