Skywest folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKC

I've been jumping on Skywest weekly for the past three months out of both mainline and express stations. Everyone has been fantastic.

I've recently run into one agent that has begun questioning my authority to even be eligible for cockpit access. It isn't anything that has caused a scene or even been more than just a mild discussion, but I'm just looking for additional information that may insure I don't have problems in the future.

I work for a company that is CASS approved, but the agent has told me that they (this particular station) don't have access to CASS. They've cleared me mulitple times before. Wouldn't any station that has access to Apollo (or whatever res system), have access to CASS? If not, I wonder why?

Next, there hasn't been a change to your company policy that would prevent a dispatcher from sitting up front has there? Every crew I've dealt with has been top notch and more than willing to help, but if I can't get by the counter, a nice crew isn't going to do me much good.

Is there any reference that I can point him to in the future, if he has an issue with putting me on the airplane? (other than 121.547)

Finally, I began my career as a gate agent so I've seen "both sides of the counter", so please don't take this as me thinking I'm due something.

thanks

(I guess I should add that this is the United system I'm referring to)

Its not a change in policy. A memo came out a few days ago with a list of stations that don't have CASS access. Its an IT problem that involves mainline.

What station was it? Is it a SkyWest run station, or someone else?

PM me if you want.

All pilots will be restricted from cockpit access on all United, United Express flights [including SkyWest] at non CASS stations. I believe these stations are included, but not limited to: ACV,BNA,ASE,BZN,CPR,EGE,FAR,FWA,GJT,GTF,GUC,HDN,IYK,JAC,LAN,MFR,MOD,MSO,OXR,RAP,RDM,SBA,SEA,SFO, SGU

This is because of a new TSA rule

Our CASS system requires only an Internet connection for jumpseater verification. I presume United/Skywest does something different?

The TSA rule was because of the photo CASS requirement. Nearly 40 UAL handled stations are not photo CASS equiped. Where did you get this list of stations? JAC is not a SkyWest station on the UA side.

Our CASS system requires only an Internet connection for jumpseater verification. I presume United/Skywest does something different?

The CASS system is run by ARINC, it is not the connection that is the problem it is the user terminal (IE computer screen). It needs to be able to display a picture under new TSA rules. Delta, CAL and US Air were all granted extensions until Oct 31. Everyone else must either be able to comply or you can not jumpseat. You are going to find that you may get on a United/Skywest flight going one direction and not be able to get home, carry around some non-rev passes (ZEDFares or ID90s).

Most DLC SkyWest stations use the old ghetto westinghouses, which are not like the computers we use in SLC. I know we are having problems getting out Dispatchers into the actual Jump because we cant not check them in CASS, therefore, we have to call our OCC. As far as the TSA is concerned, we can put our own pilots (Delta as well) into the actual since we can check them via the PPR also a TSA mandate.

CASS is a great system but there needs to be improved, as least at Delta where we can't even assign a seat to the guy in the back if there is a seat if they are the only JS

Latest resources

Back