• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW.....Found out today talking to HDQ in SGU that United is giving notice to SKW that a good portion of the United furloughs that work for SKW will be getting recall letters. This could be why the 500 new hire # keeps floating around. There are 150-200 United guys here right now.

Skeets

Bluto said:
PBS basically acts a seniority magnifier. If you are junior, PBS will pretty much give you whatever's leftover. If you are senior, you can pretty much choose your pairings and build your schedule as you like (within the set parameters of the software.)I've only used it once and at one of the smaller domiciles, but it worked out pretty well for me considering I was one of the most junior line-holders.

Good luck to those applying.

Glad it worked out "pretty well" for you after using it once... However we've been using it for several months and not once have I gotten close to the number of days off prior to using PBS(used to get 17 or 18 off, now 12 or 13), plus the pay value has gone from upper 90's to low 80's! It can only "act like a seniority magnifier" if crew scheduling gives the domicile decent pairings to choose from!!!!!!!!

Gr82Aviate said:
Glad it worked out "pretty well" for you after using it once... However we've been using it for several months and not once have I gotten close to the number of days off prior to using PBS(used to get 17 or 18 off, now 12 or 13), plus the pay value has gone from upper 90's to low 80's! It can only "act like a seniority magnifier" if crew scheduling gives the domicile decent pairings to choose from!!!!!!!!

Heard this week from one of the PBS trainers that once the whole company goes live with PBS, crew planning will use their current line building time to build better pairings. Up until now they've been building pairings to create legal lines that make sense (in their eyes, at least). Now they can focus on making better pairings. In the trainer's words "They're very excited to see what they can do to make the pairings better."

Take it with a grain of salt or a whole salt-lick...

Obviously your results may vary. I guess my point is simply that it wasn't as bad as I or a number of junior people thought it would be. Sorry you're losing days off, but the senior people in my domicile seem to be getting exactly what they want. Again, the parameters probably need to be tweaked in order to get back to what some people had before.

Weasil,
ORD is junior, but keep in mind, for now they are only running EMB classes, so nobody in the upcoming classes will get ORD for at least a year. They may start CRJ classes soon, then ORD should be no problem. Just something to think about.

Last edited:
airchristyle said:
I read in the Salt Lake Tribune that CEO Jerry A. is secretively talking to NWA and Continetal...

Doesn't sound like much of a secret if it was printed in the newspaper.

Latest resources

Back