Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jon Rivoli

I am the Devil.
Not the bunch of St. George yokels you might have thought, particularly Steven F. Udvar-Hazy. Chairman and CEO of ILFC.

its so funny to me how many people hate skywest because of our sucess... the company is managed incredibly well.... stability in this industry speaks....

We hate SKW and RAH because you fly too cheap. Not because your company is successful. Much of you company's success came from shafting pilot groups who flew for what they were worth, or former mainline flying...

EDIT.... "Hate" is probably too strong of a word in that context. I don't hate, or even dislike any individual pilot on either seniority list. I do however, and I'm not alone, dislike a pilot group who exchanges substandard wages and work rules for growth. I also applaud the RAH pilots who will hopefully negotiate a contract that reflects the aircraft they fly. You Skywest folks on the other hand don't seem too interested in that. As evidenced by they nay voters in the last union drive. That would have been a good place to start.

Last edited:
We hate SKW and RAH because you fly too cheap. Not because your company is successful. Much of you company's success came from shafting pilot groups who flew for what they were worth, or former mainline flying...

EDIT.... "Hate" is probably too strong of a word in that context. I don't hate, or even dislike any individual pilot on either seniority list. I do however, and I'm not alone, dislike a pilot group who exchanges substandard wages and work rules for growth. I also applaud the RAH pilots who will hopefully negotiate a contract that reflects the aircraft they fly. You Skywest folks on the other hand don't seem too interested in that. As evidenced by they nay voters in the last union drive. That would have been a good place to start.

And what airline with superior pay and work rules do you work for? If you think Skywest is successful by undercutting the industry you are crazy. Substandard work rules and wages? Compared to who? You hate SkW and RAH because they have found a way to be successful in a tough industry without giving substandard pay and work rules, simple as that.

Have you looked at Pinnacle, Comair and Mesaba's CRJ900 payscales? Not quite as good as SkyWests but wait a minute- THOSE ARE ALL UNION. How the hell? Maybe SkyWest is a good place!?!?!?

my skywest roomate made alllllllot more $$$ than i did on both 2nd year pay.
he made almost 20K more than i did and he had an avg. 14-15 days off a month..about half his sched time and a half and bids with check airman and getting kicked off, picked up other trips and made double time.
We cant do that where i am at. WTF??
i support alpa, but i notice some jealousy from other pilots cant we cant make double time and a non union carrier can,,,and that carrier is makng great money,
time to look at those pay scales people.
skywest isnt the lowest and they have no union.
lets all stop skywest bashing and get on with our lives, those guys dont seem to put other companies down as much as all of us non skyw pilots do..wonder why that is?

Latest resources

Back