SkyWest Airlines Maineline???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is a "bro"?
It's a term used by some to make the aircraft they fly not sound like the Brazillian Buttplug with props that it really is.

Wow someone is taking the "mainline" joke way too serious.
The bro side is "Skywest Express" and the jet side is "Skywest mainline".
Yea a select few take it too far but it's a JOKE and not ment to be taken seriously. Like calling ASA "SkyEast".

It's not a joke to many Skywest pilots. They're in ORD spreading the "we are mainline and you guys are feeders" to xjet pilots.

Keep drinking the kool aid and coat-tailing, but you're not main line and the pay and work rules you enjoy are the result of the xjet pilots' sacrifice and resolve in negotiations, which have been sometimes hostile. By hostile I refer to 5 years of punishment by the company during contract 07 negotiations. Hopefully the current negotiations will go smoothly. But no matter how they go, in the end you'll get get $1 more and another glass of kool aid.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
It's not a joke to many Skywest pilots. They're in ORD spreading the "we are mainline and you guys are feeders" to xjet pilots.

Think I would respond to that with something along these lines:

"No problem, now how 'bout I feed one of my cowboy boots I fly in to your ass?"

Not just the bro pilots. The 50 seat rj pilots often refer to the 70 and 90 (delta side only) as mainline.

thought the 900 was referred as the "9", think to piss off the DC, uh Douglas, oops, 'Boeing' 9 of mainline fame

thought the 900 was referred as the "9", think to piss off the DC, uh Douglas, oops, 'Boeing' 9 of mainline fame

Do not EVER call a DC-9 a Boeing!

why cause of all that time u have in the '9'?

No. It's just insulting to DC-9 pilots. Ain't nothing Boeing about that thing.

Wow someone is taking the "mainline" joke way too serious.
The bro side is "Skywest Express" and the jet side is "Skywest mainline".
Yea a select few take it too far but it's a JOKE and not ment to be taken seriously. Like calling ASA "SkyEast".

Colgan used to do the same thing. It was a running joke between the Beech and the Saab drivers. The small lining of truth lay in the fact that the Quality of life for a Saab pilot was much better than that of the Beech. Quality of life being all relative.

Latest resources

Back