• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 11/20 class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I understand it, the Nov 20 class will have 30 Brasilia and 15 CRJ. Aircraft assignment is based on interview performance and prior experience and is not bid on by seniority at the newhire stage.

Jet domiciles include SLC, FAT, TUS, PSP, SBA, DEN, and DFW (reserve only). A total of 42 crews will be domiciled at PSP, DEN, and SBA.

Wow, Andy, 45 starting on a single day? You guys are going to be busy! But then you probably have been busy since September.

Regards, -- Dave

That's the largest single day start I have seen since coming here, but we can do it. After all, we ARE SkyWest!

Well they certainly need the people. A buddy driving the weedwacker told me that they are not allowing anyone to bid for vacation the first 3 months of 2003. Glad to be in the RJ!

It means there are no hard lines to bid. Only reserve lines. Basically you sit around or play golf or whatever you like to do until scheduling calls with an assignment.

Any of you folks in the 11/20 class still waiting for the letter confirming the class date?

I interviewed on 10/21 and I was told 11/20 but havn't got the "official" letter yet.

Hope to see you all in class soon!

tj

DFW is a reserve base. That is, although therre are no flying lines to bid there, there are a number of crews who do standby there. It's a good deal for people who live in/near Dallas and, because of seniority would be doing reserve at some domicile away from home anyway.

Latest resources

Back