Skyway Newhire ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And to think...

I could be senority number 6 or 7 if I had stayed at SYX! Best wishes to you all who are getting on with Skyway. Great place for me to have started my professional flying career and now I can only look back and smile on the great times and friends I made there. Enjoy the DoKnob. All I had to choose from was the Beech. Regards, HF

Congratulations on being in the pool! Some of my roomates are sending in their resumes this week. In another 50 hrs mine will be too!

Congrats Chi Town,

Way back in the day, the class I was in stayed at the Red Roof Inn. We all buddied up and were able to save a little bit of money. I think it ended up around $200 a week for two people (duhmath means your cost is $100). Not a glamour lifestyle, but it helped for study groups. If you do this, they do have some rooms with microfridges that can open your culinary window.

Your ground school will be at the Great Cookie Palace (Midwest Airlines HQ) south of the airport. The Red Roof is about a two miles away. I know that the entire class is in the Beech, twelve in all, I guess. Sounds like a good time to be getting in, good luck in ground school. Chances are, I'll meet all of you guys at the Landmark after you successfully complete company procedures (indoc) to drink the ones that are cold.
P

OMG Skyway Pilots drink beer @ the Landmark:p
Good luck to all

Jobear

Hey Propsync.....

do you have any roots in Iowa?

midwest airlines/skyway contact

congratulations on the new job...

does anyone have current contact info for chief pilot/recruiting at skyway airlines?

tbkane,

I'm curious --- they don't require you to resign your seniority at Skyway?

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported this morning that, while Skyway is hiring, Midwest still has 100 pilots on furlough. (I used to be one of them --- now, I'm at much greener pastures.)

If it's true that they don't require resignation of seniority, then why aren't they allowing any of the Midwest guys to flow back?

Just out of curiosity... I'm confused by the posts --- were you DAL mainline, or the "other CVG" operator you mentioned?

Giving up your number for Skyway depends. It depends mostly if they can see you'll stay long enough to get the cost of training out of you. If you are 3000 down and out somewhere, I'd say they would hire in a heartbeat. If you were ten away from recall, they probably won't bother.

Flowback- We have NEVER had a flow program with ME/A (What do we call Midwest now?). Flowback wouldn't work at such a small airline, and I wonder if it really works anywhere else. The retraining costs would have just killed us here. It's cold to say, but it's easier to just furlough people than find them another job to do. Put the burden on the employee, that's been the TIMMY logic all along.

For the post on who to contact- check a page or two back in the regional forum to see that info. The thread is Skyway Hiring? I think. Good luck

DH106- But won't you miss the cookies? J/K Good for you.

Latest resources

Back