Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XPOO

You are now free to...
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corp. and SkyWest Inc. have signed a definitive agreement for a PureSolution Fleet Management Program supporting the PW1217G engines installed in a fleet of 100 MRJ90 Mitsubishi Regional Jets and up to an additional 100 option MRJ90 Mitsubishi Regional Jets for a term of up to 16 years.

Article link here.

So, either SkyWest, Inc. is continuing their epic punking of Bombardier and the entire industry into thinking these MRJs are still coming. Or, they actually are coming. Feel free to speculate further in the space provided below.

My goal is to get to a major airline that takes care of it's pilots. Then I will work as hard as I an to make sure this MRJ never sees the light of day, by tightening scope restrictions at my new employer. That's what I think of the MRJ.

My goal is to stay at Asa. Enjoy the life I have created, and work as hard as i can to make sure this plane and hopefully even larger gauge come to skw/Asa/Xjt. That's what I think of the MRJ

My goal is to get to a major airline that takes care of it's pilots. Then I will work as hard as I an to make sure this MRJ never sees the light of day, by tightening scope restrictions at my new employer. That's what I think of the MRJ.

UMM OK..:rolleyes:

Actually it sounds like Bombardier is done with regional airlines and washing their hands of the type/size. Good luck with the C-series and the majors.

My goal is to stay at Asa. Enjoy the life I have created, and work as hard as i can to make sure this plane and hopefully even larger gauge come to skw/Asa/Xjt. That's what I think of the MRJ

Let's see how that works out for you over time, shall we? Here's the CONSERVATIVE truth to the CRJ at legacy ASA. 1600 Pilots, roughly 700 First Officers that WILL leave. 900 pilots left- every reserve Captain WILL leave because of they are sick of the abuse. (15% reserve buffer) So lets just say 800 pilots left. Of the 800 that remain, I'm going to guess 30% of the line holders will leave to go to a legacy carrier. Just 540 pilots left here, with that figure. Half will be displaced from left seat, back to right seat, and many of the senior line holders will be back on reserve (how ironic). That will force many more to leave, and the cycle will continue.

Of course, the quality of life will drastically recede before having to park any aircraft due to lack of flight crews. There will be a pilot shortage, but it won't be at the legacy carriers- just the regionals.

We can't find pilots- there are none coming up the pipe line. SkyWest Inc. may have airplanes on order, but with nobody to fly them, it's a moot point.

As for a legacy that takes care of it's pilots- talk to those that have made the leap from ASA/X-Jet to see what they say about the changes. I'm betting two things: the worst day seen at a major is 3 fold better than the best day seen under SkyWest, and that the sun has set for the brightest day of the RJ and it's contracts.

If you think this is over dramatic and completely untrue- I'd suggest you talk to the recruiters here. Since they use Airline Apps to hire pilots, they can also see who has an app on file FROM ExpressJet to look for employment elsewhere. The latest figure from HR is that 70% of our pilots are active on Airline Apps.

Latest resources

Back