• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyking captain YIKES...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He eats, sleeps, and breathes aviation. He devours manuals, procedures, and systems voraciously. I would put my family in a plane he commands. He's also a good friend.

Now if I could just find a girlfriend for him..

Girlfriend ? You dont really mean that do you, looking at your experience I would think you would know better. At 24 I don't think he needs some chick to influence his decisions, put a drag on him . When he gets to DAL/SWA in a few years they will be all over him with little need for help...LOL

He eats, sleeps, and breathes aviation. He devours manuals, procedures, and systems voraciously. I would put my family in a plane he commands. He's also a good friend.

Now if I could just find a girlfriend for him..
Yeah, I think every company has one of these guys. The type that can quote any FAR in the regs or describe the inner workings of a flux capacitor.Good for him, I just thought he was a little young.It's just not everyday you see a 24 year old captain flying something larger than a twin turboprop or even a light jet.

I'm not begrudging this guy his accomplishments, but experience is much more than just the sum of everything you've read in a book or manual. Facing a situation in an airplane that makes you break out in a cold sweat because you know there's no one behind you that can hit the "freeze" button is one hell of a teacher.

It's just not everyday you see a 24 year old captain flying something larger than a twin turboprop or even a light jet.

Which might be why the Sun Sentinel did an article on him.

A lot of pilots have taken a chance on Sky King in the past few years. It went through bankruptcy, had many a late paycheck, and times when no one knew what direction it was going. Those who has been there for more than a year have already been rewarded with the fastest upgrade in the 737 world. Several have left for SWA and FedEx recently. F/O pay is better than any of the majors for the first few years. Captain pay isn't great, but you get there so fast you don't mind as much. Hopefully for the 70+ guys on the seniority list now, the promised expansive to 15-20 aircraft will come through in the next year - and everyone there will be a captain!

(...well, almost everyone....)

Dont knock the guy HE EARNED IT even the 24 year old captain knows he is working for a dirtbag operation so lets leave it at that..

I was a beechjet captain at age 22 and I went in and looked at my log book I had 3200 hrs TT.. With the exception of 5 months in the right seat my entire career was all pic until i got the the airlines.

I also was a total aviation nut a plane can fly over and i will tell you what it is based on sound. Now 12 years later i dont care and would prefer to just see my family everyday.. but i have some great memories..

good for him

737, LR-JET... whatever. If you've got the time and the airmanship ability; good for you. Most of the young guys are better pilots on average than the old timers I've seen. Not always the case; but on average I'd say so. And yes, experience is the best teacher for knowing what to do when something goes boom. And it sounds like this guy wouldn't have any problem keepin' 'er upright.

Right person, right place, right time. Meh...whatever. Hope Skyking holds together long enough for him to get to SWA. But, then again who knows, Skyking could take delivery of 150 737NG's in the next 5yrs and get bought out by SWA. Keep rolling the dice until you crap out, then start over.

God bless him !!!

you're all idiots, tell him to get to medical school before it's too late. In 10 years he'll be 34 with a family to take care of and be out of work.

Latest resources

Back