• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW Inc's Plans Leaked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No leak. SKW has "purchasing power" over others right now.. Delta just droped some "coin" on 737-900's, MD90's and 717's .. They may not want to pony up for 70 CRJ900's if the TA passes.. Thats were SkyWest is hoping to capitalize....just my guess.. Plus if Delta passes this. "others" will follow.. UA/AA ect.. Could generate the need for 200+ 76 seat jets...

Huh? Delta is getting the MD90s at $8-9 million EACH including engines, and SWA might be paying DL $150,000 a year for EACH 717 (to take them off their hands, just a rumor). The 737-900s are costly, but thanks to the delay on the 787s, I wonder if Delta got a good deal?

If Delta does pass the TA, and the "others" follow, I wonder if the others will be dropping 200+ 50 seaters also? How many of those do you guys have anyway? But, there could be some 76 seaters coming, minus the 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I hear Delta wants to send a lot of those 717s to SLC. May not be good for Skywest. Skywests may be forced to reallocate it's flying elsewhere.

Really? I thought it was more of an East Coast type plane? Maybe more LGA and ATL? I guess they could try it in SLC, flying the Montana stuff again. (If it passes...)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Unless they want to park them at the E gates,(no jet bridge) then good luck.. Could swap them out for the A319... plus the new airport plan has even less gates.. Time will tell. I do see them doing routes like SLC-DEN.. (900 route now)

Could they put them in the B gates near SWA?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

Has a extra 12 feet wing span on a E175... Its pretty close in there.. Im sure they could angle them and loose one gate to park 2..?? I will ask and get back to you on this one..

Has a extra 12 feet wing span on a E175... Its pretty close in there.. Im sure they could angle them and loose one gate to park 2..?? I will ask and get back to you on this one..

I think loosening a few gates versus losing a few gates would be preferable.

:smash:

Guys, it's not the company that is the issue- it's the business model that's broken. Crying about ASA's lack of good news doesn't fly with me- take a look around. The greatest news so far has been no news for us. Comair, Legacy ExpressJet (furloughs and layoffs), Pinnacle, etc. Sometimes it's just good enough to maintain the status quo- and we're doing that. Looking at where we are, in comparison to where we could have been, or where our competitors are, it's not THAT bad. Could it be better??? Absolutely......but is it the "end of days"..........no way. To see what we've held on to is nothing shy of remarkable. Name one company that has done better, over the long term of the regional industry, that has done better than us. You will be hard pressed to do it.

ASA ExpressJet is merely a player in an antiquated and no longer lucrative business plan. SkyWest Inc. knows this and WILL adapt eventually. They have more money in the bank, than JetBlue borrowed to start, so don't go hitting the panic button and wavin' your hands in the air just yet. However, I can tell U that I hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I will also tell you that it's the business model that scares me, and that's why I'm looking at options. It's not so much the running of this company, or the people that cause me to look elsewhere for employment. It's simply the long term prospects of regional feed and it's instability. Will SkyWest jump the shark and change business strategy? Probably......but I'm just looking for long term stability at the moment. All things considered though, I still feel that for a REGIONAL, ExpressJet is still the place to be, above all others...........

Bye Bye--General Lee

They could use the middle of B the airbus parks in there occasionally. The problem is finding worthwhile routes out west for the 717 during the middle of the day, Montana is only good for the AM/PM.

The regional industry will need to shrink. Partly because of the business model and partly to meet the reduced staffing that is resulting from fewer pilots and partly due to strengthened scope. When the majors do start hiring there will be a void at the regionals that will not be filled, therefore fleet sizes will shrink to match pilot levels. The regionals that survive will be the ones that attract what few 1500 hour pilots that are willing to be at the regionals.

Latest resources

Back