Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CUEBOAT

HomeBaseBKLYN
Im organizing a trip from NYC-Miami-Vegas-LA-Vancouver,BC back to NYC I would like to take a twin but thought a Cessna 210 might do the job. Has anyone done a similar trip in a single piston with 4 people. Anyone have any ideas what plane might suit well. Also I am looking to buy a share in an airplane to maybe do the trip in, if anyone has info on someone looking for a partner in an airplane in the NYC area, please post it or PM me.

Sounds like a nightmare trip w/ 4people. If you must do it, the C210 is a great choice. You can pack a lot of stuff in there and top the tanks. Are the two pax in back little kids? If so, take out the two middle seats. Try to find one with the King autopilot- it tends to be smoother/more reliable than the Cessna 400(?). You'll want a good A/P for that long of a trip.

Actually its going to be 4 men, all of al least 150lbs. Also anyone know what a 210's TAS is?

I made a trip from Chicago to Texas this past summer in a TC182. We took 4 people 2 of which were big boys... very. Full tanks and baggage and a short runway no problem. We were over gross weight by a ton but hey if it fits the 182 can take it.

flyboyzz1 said:
Full tanks and baggage and a short runway no problem. We were over gross weight by a ton but hey if it fits the 182 can take it.
That would make a great headline for an NTSB report.

CUEBOAT said:
Actually its going to be 4 men, all of al least 150lbs. Also anyone know what a 210's TAS is?

Not fast enough to be remotely enjoyable on a trip that long!!!! Heck that Miami to L.A. portion will probably block somewhere around 15 hours alone!!!!!! And that is in no wind! Last time I ran to L.A. it was right around 6 hours with 50 kts on the snout, but I still had a ground speed of 360kts or so.

I hope they are real good friends!!!:D

Ideally i'd like to take a turbo baron but I cant find someone to rent me one, anyone know a club or school?

Latest resources

Back