• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sim Prep for UAL interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think some are using the prep offered by emerald coast interview consulting. I don't know where but I heard good reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Having gone through the interview process I feel like a Sim prep is not really needed. My belief is that they want to see 3 things: basic airmanship skills, crm, and most importantly are you enjoyable to fly with. I know a few good guys who screwed up the sim portion but got the job. I would suggest flying any 6 pack to help with the scan and practice using your calls. I didn't do the 737 sim prep but I did fly a 6 pack sim to prepare and felt that is all that was needed. Some guys flew a Frasca at the local flight school and felt that was sufficient.... But if you have the money to burn by all means fly the 737 sim. If anything it would help with your confidence

2 friends went to FLight Training International in Denver both got hired. Not saying that is why they did just where they went.

I just had a friend go to Flight Training International for the sim prep. The sim they use at their facility is the same exact sim United uses for the check. I highly recommend using the sim prep. It is expensive (around $1100) but you only have one shot to get it right.

So United flies a lot of planes with a 6 pack of basic instruments? I suppose they do a NDB approach as well during the interview-just to keep it real? lol

Can I ask what is unique about United's sim check that warrants a sim prep for anyone flying a normal schedule? I'm going to visit Albief15 at the end of the month for an interview prep, but need to consider the sim prep as well. I don't have any interviews scheduled.

Latest resources

Back