• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shopping in uniform/ asa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't even like getting gas in uniform. Shopping after work, I look like a bus boy in a tee shirt and black pants.

"Your."

Good Lord.

It just astonishes me that so many smart people seem to have missed that distinction in 3rd grade language class. What astonishes me more is that they made it all the way through grade school, high school, (presumably) college and out into the world without figuring it out.

Once had to stop for some baby formula on the way home cause we ran out. Ran it grabbed it, and on my way out some ****************************** bag from my same airline called me out like I was trying to pick up chicks or something. Told him the same thing I will tell anyone else who has a problem with it. SCREW OFF!

What, am I going to go change first when there is a crying baby at home waiting? Like I give a S*%t what any of you think.

This kind of stuff comes from the same guy's who have a problem with everything.

Once had to stop for some baby formula on the way home cause we ran out. Ran it grabbed it, and on my way out some ****************************** bag from my same airline called me out like I was trying to pick up chicks or something. Told him the same thing I will tell anyone else who has a problem with it. SCREW OFF!

What, am I going to go change first when there is a crying baby at home waiting? Like I give a S*%t what any of you think.

This kind of stuff comes from the same guy's who have a problem with everything.

We all know that stopping off in our uniform is the last thing most of us want to do, but gotta do what ya gotta do whatever the reason. I usually ditch the tie and epaulettes myself. For the retards who think it`s cool to troll the local supermarket for chicks, pretty sure they know we make peanuts and can`t support them anyways. But keep trolling cause i would love to see their face when you pick them up in your 1996 Honda Civic with 300,000 miles on it and they say, "I thought you were a pilot."

It's funny how you guys actually start talking about the topic. It's a joke thread, nobody cares about ASA and Sure jet, and your uniform.

Last time I checked, the tie, epaullets, and badge were removable. Or better yet, if you are wearing an undershirt that isn't full of funk go with that.

I love how you guys play like you're too cool to wear your uniform in a public place like a supermarket but threads on things like hats and leather jackets go on forever with the pros and cons of public perception.

You can't argue that you're above caring what the public thinks AND go to bat fighting for upholding public perception at the same time. Sure the place and setting matter (supermarket vs. terminal), but it's the attitude of too cool to care but real pilots should be seen in "insert apparel here" that's dumb.

Are there pilots that purposely go to the mall in uniform in hopes of impressing others? Maybe. I've heard of them and have yet to see any. If anyone does they are a class A tool in my book. But stop jumping on people who pick crap up on the way to and from work. If it makes your life easier to do it then do it.

Plus, corporate pilots have to stock the plane themselves. The guy in the supermarket picking up 2 cases of water, 25 M&M's, granola bars and 2 six packs of Miller and Bud Light might just be between legs there in a crew car.

Food for thought...

Latest resources

Back