• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shooting at LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two percentage points equate to losing by 103,481 votes. Just sayin'.

Actually, what you're "just sayin'" is that it would take less than 0.01% of the estimated number of illegal immigrants believed to be living in the U.S. to cast an illegal vote to make enough of a difference in our elections. Again, this is why progressives fight so hard against voter ID laws. It's not really for the one-time "inconvenience" it would cause some citizens, as they claim, it's because they know the margin between winning and losing elections is so small. Eliminate the illegal vote and most of these "tight" races have totally different outcomes.

Actually, what you're "just sayin'" is that it would take less than 0.01% of the estimated number of illegal immigrants believed to be living in the U.S. to cast an illegal vote to make enough of a difference in our elections. Again, this is why progressives fight so hard against voter ID laws. It's not really for the one-time "inconvenience" it would cause some citizens, as they claim, it's because they know the margin between winning and losing elections is so small. Eliminate the illegal vote and most of these "tight" races have totally different outcomes.
Actually that's not what I'm saying. I have no problem with a voter needing ID to vote. The referenced article stated 17 people were accused of voter fraud and I certainly hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But your premise that most of the tight races would have different outcome if illegal votes were eliminated is not supported with facts.

Actually that's not what I'm saying. I have no problem with a voter needing ID to vote. The referenced article stated 17 people were accused of voter fraud and I certainly hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But your premise that most of the tight races would have different outcome if illegal votes were eliminated is not supported with facts.

My apologies if I came off as accusing you of being ok with voter fraud. That was not my intent.

As for my claim that most close races would have different outcomes if we could eliminate all voter fraud, you are right I cannot produce facts. Most things involving illegal immigration are best guesses, estimates and logical deductions. This is because illegal immigrants don't stand up to be counted. But, using numbers that are well accepted, like the number (%) of illegal immigrants that receive benefits that should only be for citizens, such as food stamps and even social security payments, I don't think its a stretch or disingenuous to imagine that at least 0.01% of illegal immigrants do cast illegal votes. Combine that with individuals who are citizens but commit voter fraud and I believe illegal voting can and does change the outcome of elections. And just as reassurance, keep in mind that there are people out there fighting against the creation of voter ID laws and that those peoples' candidates, in many cases, win by less than 5% of the vote.

Good for you both in remaining both level headed and civil. You are doing it wrong in accordance with FI protocol!

Here is something that I am certain has affected actual election results. In repeated cases, entire trunk loads of uncounted votes have been discovered under these circumstances:

AFTER the voting has closed

AFTER the results indicate a very close election

the person who "discovers" this treasure trove of apparently valid ballots is or was a Democrat sympathizer

the ballots, SU PRIZE SU PRIZE SU PRIZE - Gomer Pyle turn out to overwhelmingly support the Democrat candidate

This has happened on several occasions just from my coincidental observation and recently. This is not me trying to conduct an investigation. It is ignored my the lamestream establishment media for self serving reasons.

Sen. Al Franken Voter Fraud Revelations Call For Ways To Reduce It

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfre...fraud-revelations-call-for-ways-to-reduce-it/

"The fact that 243 people have already been convicted or are awaiting trial on voter fraud underscores a persistent concern that, despite their small share of the vote, ineligible ballots can actually swing results."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

"In the eyes of the Obama administration, most Democratic lawmakers, and left-leaning editorial pages across the country, voter fraud is a problem that doesn't exist. Allegations of fraud, they say, are little more than pretexts conjured up by Republicans to justify voter ID laws designed to suppress Democratic turnout."

"Although the authors cover the whole range of voter fraud issues, their chapter on Minnesota is enough to convince any skeptic that there are times when voter fraud not only exists but can be critical to the outcome of a critical race."

Hey, quick question for those of you in full on scurry from the truth mode -

Other that wavy gravy's limp attempt to derail reality from being discovered by those unshined upon by it's grace, why have all the liberals chosen to exercise their right to remain silent?

I mean almost a whole page without more than that one most feeble attempt to change the subject or attack the speaker on personal grounds? This is getting spooky!

Right answer- on both sides of the aisle- wrong conclusion. Or at least incomplete.

It's no mystery that many of the poor vote democrat. And many of the impoverished, yet perfectly legal citizens do not have ID.

So how many legal votes would be excluded by voter ID laws?

To me- it's ideological- funny how the right calls Obama a nazi yet is the one always wanting to require more docs.

"Got ye papers!"

Right answer- on both sides of the aisle- wrong conclusion. Or at least incomplete.

It's no mystery that many of the poor vote democrat. And many of the impoverished, yet perfectly legal citizens do not have ID.

So how many legal votes would be excluded by voter ID laws?

To me- it's ideological- funny how the right calls Obama a nazi yet is the one always wanting to require more docs.

"Got ye papers!"

Whatever. It's not purely that the poor vote Democrat, its that the Democrats heavily canvas poor neighborhoods where many of the "soon to be voters" are uneducated, illegal, homeless, and in some cases invalid (drug addicts, nursing home dementia patients, mentally challenged). It's a very smart and effective Democrat strategy. Just look at Philadelphia where 100% of the vote went for Obama despite rampant unemployment, terrible education system and no jobs. 100%! That is an outstanding record and Democrats own the game. Well, what do you expect Republicans to do. Requiring an ID slows this bus down and eliminates much of the fraud (not necessarily illegal fraud but felons, invalids in nursing homes (WA Gov did this one!), and any other person who would vote for whatever you want in exchange for a slice of pizza. It has nothing to do with racism its just how the game is played. In response, the Dems scream racism and anything else they can to hang on to this advantage. Honestly, I'm really sick of all the games and both parties. Corrupt to the bone and anyone that cheers either side on is a moron in my book.

On that last line we agree. I'm glad that the last decade or so has reminded republicans of the truth of their party what democrats by and large know about their own-

As long as our congress is bought- we have a charade for a govt

And debates like this? Just a game and a distraction.

Latest resources

Back