Shoes

jjbiv

What uniform shoes do y'all like? I haven't found any that are really comfortable and durable yet.

joe

FL000

Total Time
I've been abusing a pair of $90 Rockports for about 2 years now at work and at play. Haven't worn 'em out yet. They are waterproof, extremely comfortable, sturdy and semi-stylish.

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
DR. MARTEN'S.... Black without the yellow thread... aprox 125.00.

You could run in these shoes and not be sore, the next morning.

FZRA

Total Time
1000+
Gotta like those Ropers!

Very comfy, and you can wear your tube socks too!!

j41driver

Total Time
Dr. Marten's are real good. I also have a pair of ECCO's that are great. About $125 - $140 a pair but almost impossible to wear out and VERY comfortable.

SilentDave

Total Time
7500+
I second the ropers. Got a pair of Justin's for Christmas and I'll never go back. The only negative thing is that they set off the metal detectors. If you look around, I've seen them for as little as $49.99. Can't beat it.

ogre93

Total Time
Doc Marten's hands down. I have had 2 pairs over the last 6 years and highly recommend them. The soles are oil, fuel and de-icing fluid proof. Its takes a trip or 2 to break them in but you will swear you are wearing your favorite slippers. I inked out the yellow string with a permanent marker or you can find them with black string also.

P.S. Roopers? Do you wear Wranglers and a nice Garth Brooks shirt too? :D

FlyingSig

Double Breasted _ _ _
Total Time
7000+
Justin's are my way as well.... rubber soled... don't set off the medal detector and they don't wear out wading in deice fluid.

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
Total Time
>1
I am very into comfortable shoes (I will spare no expense) and after trying several brands, I came across a brand called Mephisto (made in France). Nordsrom sells them and so do they in their independent stores. They are legendary in comfort and the choice of the "upper crust" for casual shoes, but they also make a decent work/dress shoe and the pair I have had for over a year now set me back $320 but with 100% goodyear welt sole and top quality construction (rare these days) they still look like new. Also, when the sole wears out, they will recondition the whole shoe and re-sole it for $70 at their Ontario, CA location. Just mail them in.

Next time you are at a Nordsrom, go in and try a pair on, you'll be amazed.

They also have a great low key look for the most conservative uniform regulations.

sweptwingz

Total Time
Gobs
Rockports

Go with the Rockports. Light and comfortable like a running
shoe, lasts like a combat boot, and in any dress style you wish.

Incredible shoes!

CaptainBrazilia

Duct Tape Virtuoso Deluxe
Total Time
5000+
Personally, I'm using a pair of Wolverine shoes that I purchased about 6 months ago. Before that I wore out several pairs of Rockports and Redwings. These Wolverines are about as comfortable as they come!

I do add the extra-padded insoles to all my shoes, though. Just for that "Cadillac Ride."