Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotshirts.com

+1

Came across these guys +10 years ago on a recommendation. I'm 6'6" and about 220lbs and the freebie company shirts fit like a tent and came un-tucked every time I leaned over.

In addition to their other stuff, Pilotshirts.com sells tapered shirts with long tails. Even better, they are made out of thick cotton that is durable and isn't see through. Every two years...new shirts. LOVE THEM.

And it is made in the USA.

Not anymore, and the quality has declined severely. Landerwood used to be my favorite shirt by far, and I'd pay the extra few bucks for a terrific shirt. Now they're no better than the Van Heusen Commander shirts I get for free through the uniform company, so that's what I do.

It's a real shame he went to importing the shirts. The owner claims nobody in the US could make them anymore. Uh-huh. :mad:

I would suggest Abbot, if your company wears real wings, since they have the eyelets in the shirts. The shirts are of high quality, and I like the velcro pockets on the front. They have button sewn on the pocket closure, so it looks like a regular shirt, but it is much easier to retrieve your trip log/calculator/etc... They tailor the shirts to your liking. I wore their uniforms for several years at ASA, and then went to M&H when I changed companies. M&H seemed like K-Mart quality by comparison. Abbot is staffed by very nice people, and have even picked me up at the ATL terminal to come by their shop.

http://abbottuniforms.com/

Last edited:
The CrewGear® Brand Oxford Cloth Pilot Shirts are the finest quality aviator shirts available ...anywhere...at any price! CrewGear® pilot shirts were designed by 30 years of input from crew members. CrewGear’s pilot shirts offer traditional styling with features that will keep you comfortable and looking sharp hour after hour. Details include extra-long tails to keep your pilot shirt tucked in while you're reaching and pivoting within the cockpit, double cross-stitched “tough as nails” buttons that don't pop off, and easily accessible pockets to organize your crew gear. Our topstitched pilot shirts also include a true double yolk for comfortable shoulder “wiggle & stretch” room. Plus, our legendary 60% combed cotton/40% polyester oxford weave will maintain its shape and stay crisp and comfortable all day long. Our aviator shirts also include:
  • Single needle tailoring for lasting wear & polished professional look
  • Original custom flap pockets: Opening behind left pocket is perfect for stowing sunglasses without fumbling for buttons
  • Standard right flap pocket
  • Double pen slots
  • Neck sizes: 15-18-1/2
  • Made in USA
The CrewGear short sleeve pilot shirts are only $25.95 and the CrewGear long sleeve oxford pilot shirts are only $29.50

forgot to add; on the acutaboveuniforms.com, order a size larger on the neck, they run tight; and u can option eyelets if u need.

Latest resources

Back