Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old School 737

NG's now and it is A OK!!
Alright my shirts are getting a bit nasty. Time to buy a few but I have not gotten any in a long time so where is the best place / price ??

pilotshirts.com seems to have ok prices. I like the Jetstream Semi-Tapered $21.50 Hold up years with good care

nevr one to wear $20 pilot shirts that feel like cardboard, i went thru about 20 diff brands ovr the last 15 yrs. launderwood.com became my brand for lots of years until i found acutaboveuniforms.com. im thin and have no gut at all, but the fitted were too tight for me. tapered fits me and the neckband is excellent.

landerwood.com

Great shirt, holds up for years.

I have been a fan of Landerwood for years-- it's been my only shirt for more than a decade now. Unfortunately, the last couple of orders from them have been disappointing. I had a long conversation with them after the second-to-last order and they told me that their cotton suppliers have been drying up lately. If I recall correctly, they're down from 22 possible suppliers to just 8 now... or something like that. I've noticed that the material is thinner and doesn't hold up as well, and while he wouldn't admit that the quality had dropped he did admit that the consistency of quality just wasn't available any more. It was an interesting conversation, and he convinced me to try their product once more.

Unfortunately, this batch is also thin and just not holding up as well. I am now looking for a new brand of shirt. I will say, however, that the company is great, and the conversation with the Landerwood gentleman was genuine. It just seems that they can't get the same quality of material as I had become accustomed to.

nevr one to wear $20 pilot shirts that feel like cardboard, i went thru about 20 diff brands ovr the last 15 yrs. launderwood.com became my brand for lots of years until i found acutaboveuniforms.com. im thin and have no gut at all, but the fitted were too tight for me. tapered fits me and the neckband is excellent.

If these guys would fix the collar on their fitted shirts they would have the best shirts around. The collar is weird and very tall. I wish I could take A Cut Above shirts and put a JetSteam collar on them. That would make a perfect shirt for me. Their semi-tapered shirts fit about like a JetStream shirt but have the same weird collar so I don't like either.

I think they took a Bananna Republic cut and made the fitted shirts. The collar is the type that would look cool on a shirt if you were going to the club with the ladies, but looks really weird for a uniform shirt.

Last edited:
If these guys would fix the collar on their fitted shirts they would have the best shirts around. The collar is weird and very tall. I wish I could take A Cut Above shirts and put a JetSteam collar on them. That would make a perfect shirt for me. Their semi-tapered shirts fit about like a JetStream shirt but have the same weird collar so I don't like either.

I think they took a Bananna Republic cut and made the fitted shirts. The collar is the type that would look cool on a shirt if you were going to the club with the ladies, but looks really weird for a uniform shirt.

Avoid acutabove shirts. They have awful customer service and the shirts have the feel of a tshirt with all the "fuzz" on it. They dry clean horribly and are not at all pressable.

Bottom line....acutabove sucks

Latest resources

Back